These small low-carb and sugar-free pop tarts filled with chia jam are a perfect idea when you crave a sweet low-carb breakfast with your cup of black coffee.
With our keto almond milk coffee, you are going to experience two flavors into one. Don’t worry; it is still low carb and will provide you with healthy nutrients.
We use coconut flour and almond flour for our keto pop tarts dough. This dough is easy for kneading. Feel free to shape them into the size you prefer.
We made them bigger, but you can shape them into bites and have more servings. Remember, the size of the dish is so important.
Sometimes you can feel full after eating more smaller bites rather than one big bite, but still the same amount of calories.
Prepare the chia jam filling by cooking the berries and combine them with one tablespoon of chia seeds.
You may already know that these small chia seeds provide so many health benefits to your health. They are packed with minerals and vitamins, healthy fats, fibers, antioxidants, etc.
The name chia was derived from a Spanish word, which means oil-seed. Eat them with salads or add them in smoothies and beverages is a great way to add more healthy fats and fiber into your diet. (*)
First, make the chia jam. Cook your frozen berries with water in a pan. Stir occasionally.
Use a fork to mash the berries then add in keto sweetener and chia seeds. Mix well then let the jam cool while you are making the dough for pop tarts.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dough ingredients. Mix with a spoon then knead to form one big ball.
Roll the dough between two parchment papers as thin as you can.
Remove the parchment paper.
Use a knife to cut into 8 rectangles.
Spread cream cheese in the center of each pastry, then add one tsp of chia jam we prepare before and more berries.
Cover it with one more rectangular pastry and press the edges with a work.
Repeat these steps with the remaining pastry. Make a few cuts on the top surface for better baking.
Bake them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool them for a while or eat them right away when they come from the oven. We recommend to top with our keto hazelnut chocolate spread and enjoy!
Keto Breakfast Pop-Tarts
- ½ cup mix berries such as raspberries or strawberries
- 1 tbsp erythritol powdered
- 2 tbsp water add in one more if needed
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp erythritol powdered
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp cream cheese full-fat
- chia jam (which we make above)
- berries more, optional
- Prepare the chia jam by cooking frozen berries with water on medium heat. Add in sweetener and chia seeds. Use a fork to mash the berries. Let it cool. You can store the jam in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, cinnamon, flaxseed, almond milk, and melted butter. Mix well then knead with your hands to form a dough.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to make one big rectangle.
- Cut the flat dough with a knife into 8 big rectangles for 4 big pop tarts or 16 pastry pieces for 8 small pop tarts.
- Spread cream cheese, then chia jam and put more berries in the center of one rectangular dough, then cover it with one more rectangle. Press the edges with a fork to zip it. Repeat the process for the remaining.
- Transfer the pop tarts on parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve them warm with your favourite topping.
Similar recipes with low carb dough you can try: