You should always have an easy recipe on your to-do list, especially when your primary goal is to eat healthily and still follow the rules of a keto or low carb diet.
We wanted to combine two delicious things into one because nobody can resist them. That’s how we invented this Low carb Peanut Butter Fudge.
Everyone goes crazy for peanut butter. This popular healthy fat can be used in many different ways, including in savory or sweet recipes that are amazingly delicious. We suggest you make your peanut butter at home to avoid added sugars and vegetable oils.
Simply put peanuts into a blender and blend for a few minutes. It should become smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender strength, you may need to add one or two tablespoons of oil.
Some people do not eat peanuts on the keto diet because they are a legume. However, peanuts are lower in carbs and higher in fat than most legumes, making them an ideal choice for keto dieters.
Research that peanuts are also incredibly healthy, as long as you avoid the highly processed peanut butter brands that most grocery stores sell for cheap. The fat profile in peanuts is made up of approximately 50% heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
One study found that when compared to a low-fat diet, peanut products help lower total body cholesterol, thanks in part to their monounsaturated fats (*).
In fact, the benefit of a diet high in peanuts was comparable to olive oil in terms of reducing cholesterol levels. Other research shows a link between eating monounsaturated fats from nuts and a reduced risk of coronary heart disease (*).
When someone mentions fudge, we always think about the rich and creamy treat that melts in your mouth. With some good replacement for unhealthy ingredients, you do not need to give up on your fudge even on the keto diet!
This simple combination of sweet and creamy is going to blow your mind with only one piece! There’s no need to buy sugar-free desserts when you can easily make it at home.
Melt butter then add in peanut butter, vanilla, xanthan gum (optional), sweetener and protein powder.
Stir with a spatula until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Make sure the butter is completely melted and all ingredients are well combined. Lastly, mix in peanuts and stir.
Line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cups and divide the fudge mixture. Top with shredded coconut or coconut flour.
Freeze them for at least 30 minutes. Once ready, remove from the freezer and let them soften at room temperature.
Serve on a plate with coconut and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter melted
- 1 scoop protein powder (whey or collagen)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- 1/4 cup peanuts crushed
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes unsweetened for topping, optional
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, peanut butter, protein powder, sweetener and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture becomes homogeneous and smooth. You can also use coconut oil instead of butter.
- Add in crushed roasted peanuts. Mix well.
- Line the muffin tray with 6 muffin cups then pour the fudge mixture into these cups. Top with unsweetened coconut flakes/flour. Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until set. Enjoy and store the remaining in the fridge until next time you want to eat.
Similar Sugar-free Desserts You Can Make: