It’s hard to go on a diet if you have a sweet tooth. You are always looking for something sweet and tasty to fulfil your cravings. But with your ongoing diet plans, you can’t easily grab a piece of candy, can you? Well, think again because today we will be making diet-friendly desserts that will not only satisfy your cravings but also help you lose that extra pounds.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are definitely a delight. They are as sweet as the regular ones but are much healthier and keto-friendlier. They also don’t take too much time to prepare. The ingredients are also not too hard to find as they can be found in your kitchen or the nearest grocery shop. We’re sure you’ll fall in love with this dessert.
The basic ingredient of this dish is chocolate. We should be stressing that the chocolate should have no less than 85% of cocoa. This type of chocolate is the healthiest type there is. It has a rich supply of a substance called flavonoids that are known to be a cancer-fighting agent. Consuming dark chocolate also helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular events and generally keeps the heart-healthy.
Another main ingredient in our recipe is the peanut butter. Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein. From only 100 grams of this spread, you can get 25 g of protein. Surprisingly, it is also a low-calorie food, making it the perfect choice for dieters.
Peanut butter also contributes to reducing the rise of blood sugar levels in our body. Aside from that, the spread has a small concentration of a handful of healthy vitamins and minerals like vitamins E, B3, and B6, folate, magnesium, and copper.
You can experiment with the toppings and other ingredients as long as you are aware of their health benefits and that they are keto-approved. The preparation for this dessert is only about 30 minutes tops. So let’s get cooking!
Melt the chocolate with a microwave of a double boiler. Keep stirring the mixture every 20 to 30 seconds so as not to burn the base.
Pour the melted coconut oil and a pinch of salt in the chocolate. Mix until smooth.
Put some lines in your mini cupcake pan. Spread a tablespoon of melted chocolate in the bottom of each cup. Let sit to cool.
Mix the peanut butter with sweetener and leave in the microwave for half a minute.
Distributed the peanut butter mixture in the cups and chill in the fridge for about 5 minutes to set.
Spread one tablespoon of chocolate on the buttercups and top with peanuts. Leave in the fridge again until ready.
Unmold before serving.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 oz dark chocolate at least 85% cacao, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp erythritol or any other sweetener of your choice
- pinch sea salt
- 14 peanuts roasted, or other nuts,
- Use a microwave or a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Stir every 20-30 seconds, this will help not to burn the base.
- Add melted coconut oil, a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Fill a mini cupcake pan with liners and fill the bottom of each cup with 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Allow cooling.
- Add sweetener to the peanut butter, stir to combine and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Divide the peanut butter between cups and refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set.
- Add another tablespoon of chocolate and put a peanut on top of each (if using) and transfer to the fridge till set and ready.
- Unmold and enjoy!