If you can imagine a fresh, natural, avocado chocolate dessert, then you are going to love this recipe!
Avocado is one of the healthiest fats you can incorporate into your diet. They provide an incredible touch to the morning’s scrambled eggs, roasted meat for
a lunch, or fresh salad for a snack. If you’ve never tried avocado in your dessert before, you’re in for a treat! It will easily become your new obsession.
In addition to being high in healthy fat, avocados are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, putting them in the category of a superfood. One-half of an avocado contains 4.6 grams of fiber, 0.2 grams of sugar, 114 calories, and numerous antioxidants, including 185 UG lutein/zeaxanthin, 43 UG vitamin A, 1.3 mg vitamin E, and 6 mg vitamin C (*).
According to one study, eating an avocado per day helps lower LDL cholesterol and prevents cardiovascular disease (*). In addition to promoting heart health, avocado consumption can also help support weight management and healthy aging.
Another study found that replacing a high carbohydrate meal with one that contains avocado can help suppress appetite for longer in overweight subjects (*).
This is no surprise as avocados contain lots of healthy fiber and fat to stabilize blood sugar levels and keep you full, reducing the total number of calories you’ll eat each day.
Our No Bake Chocolate Avocado Pie comes with a dark cocoa crust and chocolate avocado mousse spread over it. It provides a refreshing taste that you will want to share with someone special. You will have a secret weapon ready when the time comes for melting hearts!
This yummy avocado pie is the perfect definition of a high-quality keto dessert. The flavor will absolutely delight you!
Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it in the mixing bowl.
Add in cocoa powder, sweetener, and almond flour. Combine with a spatula then knead with your hands until the sticky dough remains.
Roll the dough between two parchment papers. Uncover and press the crust until it covers the whole 9-inch pie pan.
Set in the freezer to chill while you make the filling.
Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted then pour in the mixing bowl. Add in mashed avocado and heavy cream. Beat with an electric mixer.
Combine gelatin with cold water. Wait until slightly thickened then add to the avocado mousse.
Beat the mixture one more time and your filling is ready.
Spread over the chilled crust and refrigerate until firm.
Cut the pie into 8 pieces and serve.
Keto Avocado Chocolate Pie
For the crust
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp erythritol powdered
- 1 cup almond flour
For the avocado-chocolate mousse
- 1 avocado ripe and mashed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Melt the butter and pour it into the large mixing bowl. Add in cocoa powder, sweetener, and almond flour. Knead the mixture until the dough is well mixed.
- Roll the dough between two parchment papers into one big thin circle. Transfer the flat dough into the 9-inch pie pan to cover the whole pan. Refrigerate while you make the mousse filling.
- For the filling: Melt dark chocolate with coconut oil in a bowl until smooth and completely melted using a double-boiler or microwave. Add in mashed avocado, heavy cream, sweetener and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine gelatin with water. Wait for the mixture to thicken then add it into the chocolate-avocado mixture. Mix well.
- Spread the chocolate mousse over the crust and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces and serve cold.
More Sugar-free Desserts You Can Make: