This creamy and silky French pie has a delightful chocolate flavor and is made from fine almond flour and cocoa cream cheese filling.
We add one keto oreo cookie into the mixture to play with flavors. The important thing here is that the cake doesn’t contain any refined sugars, so it is perfect if you are trying to improve your health and stay in ketosis.
Chocolate lovers are everywhere! Maybe that’s the case with you since you are here and reading this recipe. It is known that chocolate improves the mood and boosts happiness hormones.
You don’t need refined sugars and carbs in your diet, so we use almond flour for the crust instead of regular flour. To sweeten it, we use erythritol, but feel free to use other low-carb sugar substitutes you have.
This French pie is going to show you that it is really easy to make a sweet, healthy dessert. The worst thing about this recipe is waiting for it to get ready in the fridge.
Don’t open the refrigerator over and over again. The time will never pass like that. Take a seat, call your friend to come over for a coffee. The cherry on top for that time is going to be the piece of our lovely French pie.
Get creative and add whatever toppings you desire. We kept it simple and used egg yolk, cream cheese, and sweetener. To cut it short, our pie is going to surprise you! Enjoy baking!
Preheat the oven to 375F and add parchment paper to your small round cake pan.
Make the crust combining almond flour, cocoa powder, gluten-free baking powder, sweetener, and butter. Make sure you use the butter that is thawed in room temperature for a while.
Beat the mixture using an electric mixer then add egg in. Beat again until all ingredients are well combined. The crust should be easy for kneading.
Transfer the crust into a greased baking pan. Don’t forget to make the edges like for the real pie.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool completely while making the filling.
For the filling: in a bowl, combine heavy cream, cream cheese, cocoa powder, sweetener, and one keto Oreo cookie (cut into tiny pieces). You can use other low-carb cookies or simply skip it.
Use the electric mixer to combine everything. Pour the filling over the crust.
Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours.
For the topping, place one egg yolk in a double boiler. Add in sweetener and cream cheese and stir with a spatula. Lower the heat and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes more. Drizzle the top of the pie with it and add some dark chocolate.
More Low-Carb and Sugar-Free Dessert Recipes You Can Try:
Keto French Chocolate Silk Pie
For the crust
For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sweetener, and butter. Beat with an electric mixer then add in one egg. Beat again until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the crust mixture and distribute it evenly. Make sure you make the edges like the real pie.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes. While waiting for the crust to be completely cool, make the filling.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a bowl using a mixer and pour over the crust. Make sure to flatten it so it looks even. Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours.
- For the topping, place one egg yolk in a double boiler. Add in sweetener and cream cheese and stir with a spatula. Lower the heat and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes more.
- Cut the cake into pieces and serve with a sweet topping.