Super easy-peasy flaxmeal almond tortillas that are grain-free and keto-approved with only few ingredients! They are the perfect low-carb substitute for flour tortillas or corn tortillas, and they are much healthier.
Our recipe doesn’t contain egg, so no eggy taste here if you are allergic or not a fan of eggs.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
Chia seed, flaxseed, sesame seed, almond flour, and water make the basis of the recipe. It is easy to play with the dough and to shape into thin circles like tortillas.
Serve these tortillas with cheese, veggies, and meat and it will become one of your favorite Keto Mexican dishes. It can be eaten as breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and you’ll no longer crave something with bread texture.
Sesame seeds represent one good source of calcium, manganese, copper, and zinc. They contain two important fibers, which are crucial for lowering cholesterol. (*)
The same thing is with almonds, chia seeds, and flaxseed. They all contain a good amount of fiber, and healthy fats, one of the macro-nutrients that make your hormones and cell membranes.
You have plenty of options with keto tortillas. Your only job here is to grab the ingredients and spend some time in the kitchen. Your body always craves for good quality food.
Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
Add water in then knead the dough with your hands.
If you need more water, add in one tablespoon at a time. The dough should be easy for kneading.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. After that, cut the dough into five small balls. Roll each ball between two parchment paper as thin as you can.
Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook each side of tortillas for one minute.
Best to enjoy warm with veggies, meat, cheese and sauce fillings!
Keto Flaxseed Almond Flour Tortillas
- Add chia seed, flaxseed meal, salt, sesame seed, and almond flour in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add warm water in and knead with your hands. Add one or two tablespoon of water more if needed. The dough should be easy to knead without sticking on your hands.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into five small pieces. Roll each of them between two pieces of parchment paper to form a tortilla shape.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add coconut oil in.
- Cook each side of the tortilla for one minute. Repeat until all the tortillas are cooked.
- Serve them with your favorite meat and cheese fillings with some sauce.
Don’t forget to try these similar recipes: