Combine coconut flour with some other ingredients we are going to mention later and your perfect Keto burger buns are ready for baking.
With bread-like texture, you’ll never want to eat bunless burgers even though you are on the keto diet. They perfectly match with meat, salad, and dressing of your choice.
Most of us can’t imagine having breakfast without a piece of toast. It’s like you eat half of a meal. We know it is hard to give up on some food, but sometimes you forget that some food is missing when you have a good replacement.
Our keto burger buns taste so delicious even without toasting. With sesame seeds on top and fathead dough made from flaxseed, eggs, and coconut flour you will have your easy on the go sandwiches in less than 30 minutes!
Sesame seeds are good sources of proteins, vitamin B and fibers. They contain calcium, copper, and zinc as well. Some fibers have a positive effect on cholesterol and blood pressure. Vitamin E from seeds is also one important nutrient that is present in high amounts. (*)
They may not taste like regular bread since they are made from coconut flour. But added curry powder is a perfect combination with the flour.
Coconut flour is one of the most favorite matches for meat. Now, you can understand why these buns are going to be your best friends.
And if you want to make it more like keto bread, just easily add some almond flour instead of coconut. We hope you enjoy them!
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a big bowl combine all dry ingredients – add in coconut flour, baking powder and flaxseed. Mix with a spoon.
Next, add eggs in. Beat all ingredients with an electric mixer. Add the remaining spices (salt, pepper, white onion powder, and curry powder) in and beat well.
Slowly add water. Make sure you add the exact amount of the water.
Knead with your hands and then shape the dough into 8 pieces.
Place them on a lined baking tray with parchment paper. Add some sesame seed and parmesan on top.
Bake for 40-50 minutes.
Serve with a topping of your choice and make hamburgers by adding some meat and cheese filling.
More Low Carb Bread Recipes You Can Try:
- Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks
- Keto Coconut Bread
- Broccoli Cheesy Breadsticks
- 90 Second Chicken Bread Sandwich
Keto Coconut Flaxseed Burger Buns
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup water
- Sesame seed
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine coconut flour, flaxseed meal, and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in eggs, remaining spices and beat with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add water in. Knead with hands until the dough is ready for shaping.
- Shape into 8 pieces and place them on the parchment paper.
- Top with sesame seed and Parmesan. Bake 40-50 minutes until golden.
- Once done, remove from oven and serve. You can make a hamburger by adding your favorite fillings.