When you hear about this recipe, you might imagine yourself munching into a broccoli head! But we assure you that the combination of broccoli and cheese is irresistibly yummy. It is an appetizer that will melt in your mouth with just one bite. You can vary the spices to taste, add garlic, Rosemary or even a little bit of parmesan cheese for a pizza-like taste.
If you’re trying to incorporate more superfoods into your child’s diet, then this keto broccoli cheese bread recipe is a great option.
Needless to say, vegetables in general and broccoli in specific is crucial to the development of kids and of major importance in any healthy diet for all age groups. If you’re following a keto diet, your vegetable consumption is of a very high priority, it contains around 4 grams of net carbs in one cup, which is amazing!
The broccoli’s rich green color indicates that it’s packed with antioxidants which helps in cancer prevention, as well as, B-vitamins, potassium and magnesium.
If you’re wondering how to incorporate this nutritional powerhouse in your diet, we highly suggest this recipe. We will be using almond flour as well, for its nutritional benefits on one hand and for the baking advantages it provides, on the other hand. Craving an Italian-flavoured dish tonight? Get into your kitchen and start preparing this belly-filling dinner in less than an hour.
Prepare the ingredients and preheat the oven at 160°C.
Wash the broccoli and cut into florets, crush them to achieve a rice-like consistency, wither by using a grater or a food processor.
Chop the onion and saute with butter for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Mix all ingredients in a bow, except for the cheddar cheese.
Pour the mixture in a tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Take out the tray from the oven and cover with cheddar cheese for 5 minutes.
Let it cool down, cut and serve!
Keto Broccoli Cheese Bread
- Wax baking paper or silicone baking mats.
- Turn on the oven, pre heat at 160°C and prepare the baking tray, cover with silicone baking mat or baking paper.
- Wash the broccoli thoroughly, using a knife, remove the dark parts (if any), cut the broccoli into small florets, remove the stem and the leaves. Place the pieces of broccoli in a food processor and press until it gets a rice-like consistency. If you don’t have a food processor you can grate the broccoli with an ordinary grater to get this rice-like consistency.
- Finely cut the onion and sauté in a spoonful of butter for at least five minutes until translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, place all the ingredients, except for the cheddar cheese.
- With a kitchen spatula, spread the mix uniformly over the tray prepared and place in the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover with cheddar cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Before unmolding the cheese bread, allow it to cool down, then unmold and cut into slices.
- You can serve with marinara sauce.