If you’ve never thought about roasting the cauliflower instead of cooking it, you’re missing a lot! You won’t imagine how a simple recipe like this can have such an intense flavor. It could be served alone or as a garnish for other dishes.
The mini sized cauliflower is easier to prep and cook, but a normal sized one works fine as well, it’ll just take a little longer in the oven. This way of cooking is a tribute to the cauliflower, respecting its shape and texture, and we can salute it with the spices to our liking.
Never miss on any of this cruciferous vegetable’s fantastic health benefits anymore. A cup of cooked cauliflower provides around 73 of your vitamin C %DV, which is excellent! Moreover, the sulfur containing compounds and flavonoids which are considered non conventional nutrients are stacked in cauliflower, these help in your digestive, immune and cardiovascular systems.
Speaking about vegetables, people often compare the benefits of raw versus cooked. In the case of cauliflower, it’s a win-win situation! If you decide to cook it, levels of some glucosinolates like sinigrin will decrease, but you will be getting approximately 12% of the recommended daily intake of folate which is of major importance in pregnancy.
When choosing your cauliflower, make sure to opt for a head that is surrounded by plenty of green leaves for a fresher and more protected inside. As mentioned above, you can prepare the recipe with whatever size you choose, quality is not dependant on it. Try to pick a creamy white, clean-looking cauliflower that is compact and it’s clusters aren’t separated, avoid ones with smaller flowers.
Now let’s get things done and prepare this super healthy keto recipe.
Prepare the ingredients and preheat the oven to 170°C.
Cut the cauliflower after washing it thoroughly.
Boil 4 cups of water with a tablespoon of salt and immerse the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Avoid this step if you prefer a crunchier texture.
Mix the spices with the butter and brush them on the cauliflower.
Place it on a baking sheet or silicone mat, drizzle a small amount of oil and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Remove from oven and cover with Parmesan and gratin, place it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
Let it cool down, slice and serve!
Keto Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 170 ° C.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, wash, drain and cut the stem.
- Carefully, without breaking the cauliflower, wash well between the branches to remove any traces of soil or worms.
- In a large deep pan, put 4 cups of water plus a tablespoon of salt. When it is boiling, add the cauliflower and let it boil for 15 minutes. If you like crunchy cauliflower, skip this step.
- Mix the garlic, paprika, oregano, butter with salt and pepper. With the aid of a brush spread a little of the previous preparation on the cauliflower to make it even.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper or use a silicone mat. Pour a little of the vegetable oil and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Five minutes before removing, cover with Parmesan and gratin.
- Remove and let stand before cutting into slices. Garnish with fresh coriander.