Keto cabbage rolls filled with Gouda and ground beef are going to prove that carbs are not necessary if you want to experience some meal on its finest. Get high-quality ingredients for this recipe because the taste is going to be even better. You will provide yourself more nutrients as well.
In this recipe, cabbage leaves are used to hold other nutrients – slices of Gouda and beef. You can always be your own chef here and make a filling how you like the most. We suggest making a double batch and saving some rolls for dinner or for the next day.
Tomato sauce is used to add some magic to our keto rolls. When mixed with oregano the whole taste always reminds of pizza.
Tomato and tomato products are rich in folate, vitamin C and potassium. Beta-carotene with some other carotenoids makes them one of the foods with high antioxidant activity. (*)
Brown beef in a pan with the onion. You can add some veggies here to make your rolls even bigger. Cauliflower rice is one of the suggestions for this recipe as well.
Prepare dinner or lunch and enjoy every second of life. Good food is always a good choice!
Bring water to a boil then add 4 cabbage leaves. Let them cook for 10 minutes so that the leaves should be soft and easy for rolling.
Heat one teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan. Add in onion and fry until golden. Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper. Cook until the beef becomes brown.
Lay one cabbage leave on a plate.
Add one slice of Gouda cheese in the center then fill the rest with beef. Roll it tightly.
Roll the cabbage leaves.
Do the same with all four leaves. Transfer them in the small baking pan.
Preheat the oven to 375F. Cover rolls with tomato sauce and oregano.
More Low Carb Cabbage Recipes You Can Try:
Keto Beef Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Bring water to a boil then add in 4 cabbage leaves in. Cook for 7-10 minutes until they are soft.
- Meanwhile, heat one tsp of coconut oil in a pan. Add onion and beef in and cook until the beef turns slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper. Once done, set aside.
- Once the cabbage is soft, remove and let it dry. Lay one cabbage leaf on a plate. Place one slice of gouda cheese in the center of the leaf then top with beef. Roll it tightly. Repeat the process until all the cabbage and beef are used.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place your cabbage rolls in the baking pan. Cover them with tomato sauce or marinara sauce and oregano. You can also top with extra mozzarella cheese if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes then serve.