We promise it’s not your grandma’s boiled cabbage recipe that most of us grew up, convinced that we’d never like. I’m not sure if our problem was with the bitter taste of boiled cabbage or the bland mushy veggie we used to see around.
Whatever the reason was, things are going to drastically change. Get ready for a buttery, crazy good meal that is not only keto, but also a low carb and a super budget friendly one and in less than 15 minutes.
Let me start with the significant level of vitamin C in this veggie,it is loaded like a boss with this powerful antioxidant. Vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin K and fiber are also found in this humble veggie.
Now this recipe isn’t called keto fried cabbage haphazardly, the end result is not crispy as you may think, but more of a tender, sauteed mix.
To up the flavour, we used some onion, garlic, paprika to load this recipe with some rich and savory flavours. You can serve this as a side dish or add some bacon as we did and that would serve as a main dish. It is best when freshly made, but this recipe could also be kept in the fridge and reheated the next day.
Now let me tell you one more thing, do not attempt making this dish on a first date night, it is perfect for those kind of gatherings where you invite your loved ones and get snuggly and enjoy this healthy, comfort food!
Prepare the recipe’s ingredients. Wash the cabbage and bell pepper thoroughly and cut into small pieces.
Cut the bacon into small squares. Mince the garlic, peel the onion and cut into small pieces.
In a frying pan, saute garlic, bacon and onion in olive oil until the bacon becomes golden. After that, add cabbage and bell pepper in then season with soy sauce (or coconut aminos), paprika, salt and pepper.
Cook while stirring for 10 minutes until the cabbage is soft. Serve and enjoy!
Keto Bacon Cabbage Stir Fry
- Wash the cabbage very well and remove the stem with a sharp knife. Cut the cabbage into small pieces about two inches in length. Set aside.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and then cut into small pieces. Mince garlic and chop onion.
- Cut the bacon into small squares. We use thick slices of bacon because it tastes better for this recipe.
- In a large frying pan or a wok, add olive oil in then add bacon and minced garlic. Stir fry until the bacon is cooked and golden.
- Add cabbage, onion and bell pepper in. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes until the cabbage becomes tender. Season with soy sauce (or coconut aminos for strict keto), paprika, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Once done, remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Top with green onions and toasted sesame seeds (optional). Serve warm.