This recipe is easy and fast. It’s full of traditional Mexican flavor that everyone loves with almost no carbs or guilt. We were careful not to exclude the ever important hot flavor in our recipe, which is always present at Mexican tables.
You can use this delicious traditional taco recipe for breakfast or lunch. You can even make it as a healthy alternative to taco night at home. It won’t disappoint no matter how you use it!
The primary ingredient in this recipe is ground beef. We recommend that you go with grass-fed beef because it contains higher amounts of certain nutrients, such as omega 3 fatty acids, precursors to vitamins, and antioxidants.
This recipe also calls for cabbage, which is a cruciferous vegetable that has been shown to help fight against cancer. Cabbage is a very low-carb food. Despite this, it contains a wide variety of nutrients.
Getting more vegetables into your low-carb diet is a great way to aid your weight loss efforts. Cabbage also helps support the digestive system.
This recipe allows you to use your own sauce. We recommend making your own marinara or tomato sauce at home using fresh tomatoes, olive oil, and spices. If you have to buy a store-bought brand, then look for one with organic ingredients and no added sugars.
You can also serve this dish over your favorite low-carb vegetables, such as cabbage, spinach, kale, or riced broccoli or cauliflower. You can have fun with your serving options as long as you don’t remove the spice from the recipe that gives this dish its authentic taste!
Prepare the recipe’s ingredients. Start by shredding the cabbage and grating the cheese.
Book beef in a frying pan with olive oil. Season with garlic, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, chili, and cook until the meat is browned. Add tomato sauce in and then add cabbage.
Cook until cabbage becomes soft then add cheese in. Stir it until the cheese is melted.
Top with coriander or green onions, more cheese, avocado and sour cream if desired.
If you wish to, you can make mini tortillas using shredded cheese only and baking it into the shape of a taco. Then you can use it to hold your fillings!
Keto Beef Taco Cabbage Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 7 oz cabbage shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander for topping
- Prepare all the ingredients before starting to cook. Shred the cabbage. Grate the cheese.
- Heat the frying pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil in. Once the oil gets hot, add minced garlic in and stir fry beef. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder and taco seasoning.
- Cook it until browned then add tomato sauce in.
- Add the cabbage in and give it a good stir. Cook between 3-4 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
- Finally, add cheese in and stir everything well until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and top with coriander or green onions. You can also serve this dish with avocado and sour cream.