Do you ever get a craving for sushi but can’t eat it due to the rice filling? We have a simple solution! Make your own low-carb spicy chicken rolls at home using cucumbers instead.
Cucumbers are a great wrap for your chicken. They’re low carb and provide a good amount of hydrating nutrients. Cucumbers are made mostly of water, which means that you can use them to help flush toxins out of the body and de-bloat. They won’t leave you feeling tired or foggy after eating them.
These low-carb rolls are fun to eat, which makes them a great finger food for kids that tend to be picky vegetable eaters. You can serve these as an appetizer at your next gathering. They won’t last long! Plus, they’re easy to make.
You can fill these rolls with just about anything you want as long as it’s low-carb. Chicken and cheese go cream together. Plus, the cream cheese will help stick to the cucumber slice so that the insides don’t fall out.
You’ll want to cook the chicken ahead of time and shred it while it’s still hot with two forks. Then you can mix it in with the cream cheese and avocado easier.
Chicken is a great source of protein. It’s also tasty and low in carbs. Look for a brand of chicken that is organic and free from antibiotics. The avocado gives this recipe a creamy touch. Plus, it’s a great source of anti-inflammatory monounsaturated fatty acids and fiber to help fight disease-causing inflammation.
If you’re sensitive to heat, then you can omit the spicy hot sauce. If you like heat, then try adding a little more. You can also add your favorite spices to the mix, such as parsley, oregano, and basil.
To make, start by washing the cucumbers and cut off the ends. Use a vegetable cutter to slice the cucumber into strips. Set aside.
Mix together the shredded chicken, cream cheese, spicy red sauce, avocado and salt and pepper in a bowl.
You can use regular hot sauce or just add a few chili flakes to the mix for some heat.
Next, assemble the roll by laying a slice of cucumber flat. Add a spoonful of the chicken and cream cheese mixture to the end of the cucumber slice.
Gently roll the cucumber and be careful to keep the filling intact. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
Turn the cucumber slice on its side so that you can easily grab them with your fingers. Serve cold and keep extras in the refrigerator.
Keto Low Carb Spicy Chicken Roll
- ½ cup avocado
- 1 cup chicken cooked, shredded
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 cucumber large
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the cucumber well and cross cut both ends.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise with a vegetable cutter into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked shredded chicken with cream cheese and spicy sauce. You can add some mayonnaise sauce and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Lay a strip of cucumber on a flat surface. On one end, place a generous spoonful of the mixture and two or three avocado cubes. Roll carefully, not to over tighten so that the filling does not come out.
- Repeat this procedure with all the cucumber strips. You can sprinkle some sesame seeds on top when serving.