Since bakery isn’t the best place to look for some low carb sandwich, our home kitchen is where we go. Today, we’d like to show you how to make a quick and delicious chicken sandwich for lunch using 90-second almond flour bread.
Want a sandwich but worry about carbs? No problem! With this recipe, you will be able to enjoy a super quick and delicious sandwich with very little carbs.
For the sandwich filling, chicken and avocado are the main ingredients. To add more flavor, we sprinkle some salt, pepper and add some onion and a tiny bit of carrot. Feel free to skip the carrot if you follow strict keto diet.
You can also add some shredded lettuce to the sandwich. Take this sandwich with you to school or work. The idea is that, wherever you are, you can always have a healthy and, more importantly, low carb meal to eat.
Depends on the type, brand and the amount of almond flour you use, you will get different bread texture. You can also use square sandwich mold instead of a cup to make it look like real sandwich bread.
Mix the butter, egg, almond flour and baking powder together to achieve a homogeneous batter.
Pour into a baking mug and microwave for 90 seconds. Let it cool for a minute or two then cut into slices.
For the filling: boil the chicken and shred it. Saute the chicken pieces and onion with oil in a hot frying pan, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Mash the avocado and place it with the chicken mixture in the bread.
Keto 90 Second Almond Flour Bread
For The Filling
- 2 oz chicken breast boiled
- 1 avocado small, peeled
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Making the Bread
- Place all bread ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together until they are homogeneous and smooth. Pour batter into muffin cup or small baking pan. Microwave for 90 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board to cool for one minute and a half before cutting into slices.
- Making the Fillings
- Prepare the boiled chicken breast and shred it. Pour the oil into a hot frying pan. Throw in the chicken pieces and sauté with onion. Add a decent amount of salt and pepper to flavor. Allow cooking for 10 minutes.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl.
- Lay the bread on a plate. Spread the mashed avocado on one piece and the cooked chicken mix in another. Sandwich the pieces together. Use the same process on the remaining ingredients.
- Serve in a platter and enjoy!