This Stromboli is a perfect quick lunch or a great snack for a movie night. You can serve it with a side salad or just take it to go and heat it up when it’s time to eat.
It almost feels like a ham and cheese panini and it will satisfy all keto followers that love a good hearty snack. One batch of this recipe will disappear in minutes so I advise making two times the recipe for the dough and you can play with the filling as you prefer.
You can also add parmesan to the dry mixture to make it extra flavorful and use different types of cheeses, such as fresh mozzarella or feta.
I like the idea of using pastrami, turkey, or even shredded chicken, the options are infinite and the result will always be this delicious snack! Have fun!
Prepare a microwave-safe bowl and mix in the mozzarella cheese. Stir occasionally and cook for about a minute. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Prepare another bowl. Toss in the coconut flour and almond flour and mix well. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and wait for the mozzarella to melt. Once melted, add the flour mixture to it. Let the cheese cool down first before adding the egg and combining the mixture by hand.
Lay some parchment paper on a flat surface and place the dough on it. Put another sheet of parchment on top and flatten it using a rolling pin.
Remove the parchment paper on top and cut diagonal lines from the edges of the dough towards the middle but leave a 4-inch wide space in the middle. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to do this. Layer the ham and cheese alternately on the untouched stretch of dough. Make at least 3 layers then top with freshly chopped chives.
Lift the diagonally cut edges piece by piece, laying it on top of the layered ham and cheese and covering the middle completely.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes and wait for the dough to turn golden brown.
Keto Ham and Cheese Stromboli
- 4 oz ham
- 3 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chives
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, heat mozzarella cheese in the microwave for a minute, stirring occasionally. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the coconut flour and almond flour. Add the flour to the melted mozzarella cheese. Once the cheese has cooled, add the egg and mix by hand.
- On a flat surface, place a sheet of parchment paper. Add the dough. Lay another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough between the two pieces of paper.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Cut the dough with diagonal lines from the edges to the center, but leave a 4-inch wide space between the cuts. In this center space, alternate layers of ham and cheese. Make at least three layers before topping with chives.
- Lay the diagonally cut pieces across the layered ham and cheese one by one until the middle is covered completely.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.