Zucchini “noodles” is a great option for celiacs and those of us who are following a keto diet. It allows us to continue enjoying the delicious flavors of Italian gastronomy. If you are a fan of Italian recipes, be sure to try this recipe.
This linguine dish is a classic with a twist recipe you’ll want to make over and over again. Replacing noodles with zucchini, also known as zoodles, is the star of many keto dishes, since its a great way to reduce calories especially in pasta recipes.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
When you’re trying to lose or maintain your weight, it is very important to fill up on a good food that will keep you hydrated and zucchinis are a great option as they contain about 95% water. Also note that while preparing the zucchini noodles, do not peel the skin off as the flesh contains most of the hydration, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Another important thing to keep up with, is the caloric intake. Zucchini contains 181 calories, less than regular spaghetti pasta. So which would you rather eat?
In this recipe, the blend between zucchini and sour cream is incredibly delicious, once you spiralize your keto zoodles, you drizzle the sauce on top and enjoy.
Storing your zucchini noodles after preparation is very simple, line the storage container with a paper towel to absorb any extra moisture and store them up to four days in the fridge.
Prepare the ingredients.
Wash and dry the zucchini thoroughly. Then peel them in the shape of linguini pasta using a vegetable slicer or a spiralizer.
Sprinkle with salt and let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Gently squeeze the zucchini to drain extra water.
Cut chicken into small pieces then season with salt, pepper and garlic. Saute over medium-high heat in a frying pan with olive oil.
Once the chicken is cooked, add tomato in and stir for a few minutes.
Then add zucchini to the pan and stir. If you have some basil leaves, add them in too for more flavors (optional).
Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese in and mix well. Once it start to boil, season with extra salt if needed then turn off the heat.
Transfer the pasta to a bowl or a plate and serve hot.
Keto Chicken Zucchini Linguine
- Wash and dry the zucchini thoroughly. Using a sharp vegetable peeler or spiralizer to make “linguini noodles” with the zucchini until you reach the seeds. Discard stems and seeds.
- Place the linguini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for half an hour so that the zucchini loses its excessive water. Gently squeeze the zucchini to drain the water.
- In the mean time, season diced chicken with salt, garlic and pepper.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add olive oil in and sauté chicken until golden brown.
- Add halved tomatoes and zucchini. Keep stirring.
- Finally, add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese in and stir well. Do not overcook this. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate and serve hot. Top with more Parmesan if desired.