It is hard to believe these Keto cinnamon rolls are without sugar and gluten! The most important thing is that you can eat them on the keto diet!
The taste and the smell of these rolls seem like they are a perfect match. They just can’t exist without each other. Cinnamon is in love with the swirl, we guarantee!
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
We wanted to make these rolls more interesting, so we played a bit with flavors. Our secret ingredient is cherry! We are excited about spring and all the colors that come with that part of the year, that’s why we chose this fruit.
It gives a lovely pink color when it is combined with full-fat cream cheese. Its sweet and sour taste at the same time brings cinnamon rolls to the next level.
Fathead dough can be a funny thing since you can make many different shapes in different sizes. Cut your rolls thinner like we do or leave them bigger for fuller taste with just one bite!
Cinnamon has benefits as an antioxidant, antilipemic, an antimicrobial and anticancer agent. Some active components may protect your heart and also have an anti-inflammatory effect.
It is well known in diabetic patients because it can stabilize blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes. Regular consumption of this spice can significantly improve the whole cardiovascular system (*).
Keto cinnamon rolls are waiting for you to make them!
Preheat the oven to 360F.
Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a double boiler on low heat or in the microwave.
Make sure that cheeses are melted and the texture is smooth. Stir in the egg, almond flour and sweetener. Mix with a spatula or with a fork. This will be your fathead dough.
Combine with a fork until the whole texture is well combined. Use your hands to make a ball of smooth dough.
Put the dough on the parchment paper then cover it with one more.
Roll the dough as thin as you can if you want to make smaller cinnamon rolls. If not, make the dough thicker.
Uncover the dough and spread the cinnamon over it.
Roll it into one big bun, then cut into 12 rolls.
Transfer them onto a lined baking tray with parchment paper.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 15 minutes to see if they are baked enough.
For the cherry filling combine cherries (seed removed), cream cheese and sweetener in a blender.
Serve your rolls with the filling and enjoy!
Similar Keto Recipes Using Fathead Dough You Can Make:
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
For fathead dough
- Preheat the oven to 360F.
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese in a double boiler.
- Stir until smooth then add in egg, sweetener and almond flour.
- Continue to melt in a double boiler until the cheeses are melted.
- Use a fork to stir then knead the dough with your hands to make one big ball.
- Transfer the dough to parchment paper. Cover it with one more piece of paper.
- Roll the dough as thin as you can into a square or rectangle.
- Uncover the dough then spread cinnamon over it.
- Roll it into one big roll then cut into 12 rolls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- For the topping: in a blender, combine all ingredients for toppings and blend until you achieve a creamy mixture.
- Top the rolls with the cherry-cheese mixture. Enjoy!