Do you miss bread or some other baked-good when you follow a keto diet? Sure you do.
We need something chewy for a snack, so we made these Keto pretzels. You are going to love this fathead dough since it tastes almost like bread. Prepare almonds, lovely mozzarella cheese and eggs. You need yeast and gluten-free baking powder as well.
Eggs are a very nutritious food, highly recommended in every diet, especially when you try to lose weight or improve your health. They are known as good protein sources since they are rich in proteins, fats and low-carb. They also have vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin B.
One egg contains almost 200mg of cholesterol. In the past, eggs have been associated with the risk of cardiovascular diseases because of their high cholesterol level. Nowadays, there is evidence that cholesterol can’t go up by eating cholesterol-rich food. (*) (*)
Yeast, also known as baker’s yeast, is used in the baking process, energy-boosting or treating cold and flu in adults. (*) In the body, it produces antibacterial compounds which have a positive effect on the immune system. (*)
You can experiment with toppings or eat Keto pretzels without it. Mix cream cheese with tomato sauce and oregano to get this pizza flavor. Add more mozzarella on top and put them in the oven until the cheese is melted. Make a guacamole sauce or dip them in mustard.
These keto pretzels are going to remind you of childhood. Remember when you were sitting with your family? Everybody was laughing and talking about some random situations. And the food was so good! Now you can get back to that time since the smell and, the first bite of the pretzels can give you that cosy feeling like you are a child again.
You can make dinner for your family again. Show them that you grew up in one wonderful person who loves to take care of themselves. By taking care of yourself, you attract more positive things and people in your life. You feel better, sleep better, love better, laugh louder!
Give this recipe a try! Go to the nearest shop and buy the ingredients listed above.
In the beginning, prepare the yeast. Add two tablespoons of warm water and a tiny bit of coconut sugar (to feed the yeast). You need to feed the yeast to increase its volume. Let it sit for 10 minutes until it’s frothy.
In a big bowl mix ground almonds and gluten-free baking powder. Add in one egg and whisk with an electric mixer.
When the yeast is set, combine it with almond flour mixture.
Cut mozzarella in pieces first. Melt the cheese in a double boiler. Wait until everything is melted and mozzarella is super smooth.
Use a food processor or your hands for making the final dough. Combine cheese mixture with a yeast mixture. You are going to get one fluffy dough.
Put the dough in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. You know it is set when it’s not sticky. Add more ground almonds if the dough is still sticky.
Preheat the oven first and then cut the dough on the parchment paper into 5 pieces. Cover your hands with oil for easier rolling.
Take one piece and roll into a U-shape (like in the picture).
Add some sesame seeds on top.
Put them in the oven for 10 minutes until they are golden.
- Activate the yeast. Add 2 tbsp warm water in a bowl with coconut sugar and mix with the yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes until it’s doubled its volume.
- Mix ground almonds with baking powder. Add in one egg and whisk with an electric mixer. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the activated yeast in almond mixture.
- Melt mozzarella cheese in a double boiler and wait for the mozzarella to fully melted.
- Put everything (almond mixture and melted mozzarella) in a food processor for the final dough or make the dough with your hands. Make sure that everything is well mixed. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- The dough shouldn’t be sticky. If it’s still sticky, add more grind almonds for easier rolling.
- Cut the dough into 5 pieces. Roll one piece in a U-shape. Make the shape of the pretzel.
- Put them on a parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until they are golden.