For a movie night or a dinner, pizza is always a great solution. It’s easy to make, you don’t need a lot of time, and you can put whatever topping you like on it. I have never met anybody who doesn’t like it. So if you chose pizza for some special occasion, everybody is going to fall in love with you!
With this recipe, you’ll get to enjoy the traditional pizza you loved as a kid. But this time no need to worry about the high carbs because we’ll prepare a mind-blowing keto-friendly pizza.
Chicken, cheese and all the other ingredients you usually use on the topping of regular pizza are all keto-friendly, the problem is with the crust. We’ve previously prepared a pizza crust from cauliflower, make sure to check it out, but this time we’ll be using coconut flour for a change.
Coconut flour is a great low-carb alternative to regular flour, not only you can use it for pizza crust, but also in tortillas and desserts. It is rich in fiber which helps the body get rid of toxins. Since it has a low glycemic index, it prevents insulin level spikes and supports healthy blood sugar levels. (1, 2, 3)
You need to make sure to read the labels when choosing your pizza toppings, always look for sugar-free options. Some vegetables are naturally low in carbs such as olives, green pepper, onions and mushrooms so try to incorporate them as well. Also, you can choose to use pepperoni, sausage, or any other kind of meat. In this recipe, we will be using mushroom, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken.
To prevent the crust from breaking, we will bake it first using a piece of parchment paper. Also, if you like your crust to be extra crispy, then consider baking it for 2-4 minutes more. There is no reason you can’t enjoy a pizza while going keto, so get your ingredients ready and let us start baking!
Prepare the ingredients of the recipe.
First, cut the chicken breast in pieces and marinate it. Use whatever spices you like. We used oregano, dried basil, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and rosemary. Place it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
Second, prepare your fathead dough. In the microwave-safe bowl melt cream cheese and shredded mozzarella for 1 minute. Stir well, then add one beaten egg and coconut flour. Stir it again and form one big ball.
Line the pan with parchment paper and make the pizza shape with your fingers. We like it thinner, but you can make it thicker if you want — Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 400F oven.
Take the chicken from the refrigerator and stir fry in a pan until all pieces are golden brown. Remove from heat and let it cool.
When the chicken is cooled enough. Blend it to fine pieces. Alternatively, you can shred the chicken meat.
Add one tablespoon of cream cheese and mix well to make a spread.
Here is the best part- add your toppings! We put marinara sauce then chicken spread, mushrooms, and more cheese, of course. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
Add more oregano. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken Pizza
- 6 oz chicken breast cooked, chopped
- 1 tbsp cream cheese full fat
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Marinate the chicken with olive oil, salt, oregano, rosemary, dried basil, and apple cider vinegar and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is in the refrigerator, make the crust. Melt mozzarella with cream cheese in the microwave. Add egg and coconut flour into the cheese mixture and stir it to make the dough.
- On a baking tray make a round pizza crust. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. If needed, bake for 2 minutes more, but take care not to overbake.
- In a frying pan, cook the marinated chicken until brown. Remove and let it cool. When the chicken is cooled, place it in the blender to shred the chicken. Add more cream cheese and mix well.
- Spread the marinara sauce on your pizza crust. Add chicken mixture, shredded mozzarella and sliced mushrooms. Bake it in the oven for 5 minutes more to melt the cheese. Enjoy.