We are happy to introduce you to a dream for all chocolate lovers. We are talking about one pie that is going to be a well-known guest at your kitchen table. Your family is going to love it, and you will enjoy its simple and quick preparation.
Keto Chocolate Mousse Pie represents one of the desserts with an adorable crust that melts in your mouth. It tastes like a cookie, though.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
We use almond flour for the crust. You can use coconut flour, coconut flakes or other ground nuts for it too.
The second part of the pie is a creamy filling made with quality dark cocoa powder, heavy cream, and full-fat cream cheese. It doesn’t even contain anything chocolate inside, but still, all your chocolate cravings are going to be satisfied quickly.
Try to leave the pie to chill in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. We know how hard it is to wait, but you have to taste it on its finest. It is going to be worth it.
This low-carb and sugar-free Chocolate Mousse Pie is like a piece of heaven on a plate. Maybe you’ll want to double the ingredients next time. Yes, we believe that much in our pie. Enjoy baking first, then enjoy even more when eating.
We use erythritol as our keto sugar substitute. However, you can use other low-carb sweeteners of your choice.
Preheat the oven to 325F and line a 9-inch round pan with parchment paper.
Melt the butter first then combine it with almond flour, eggs, cocoa powder, sweetener, and gluten-free baking powder in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer.
Transfer the dough batter into the pie pan or whatever pan you are going to use for baking.
Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes. Once done, let it cool completely.
While the crust is baking, prepare your mousse filling. First, combine gelatin in cold water. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and powdered sweetener. Try to find the most quality dark cocoa powder since that bitter flavor is the main thing for the filling.
Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in gelatin mixture and beat one more time. After that, pour the mixture over the crust.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. If you can’t wait, one hour is going to be okay.
Put the rest of the pie in the refrigerator and enjoy it later.
More Low Carb and Sugar-Free Desserts You Can Make:
Keto Chocolate Mousse Pie
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add eggs, almond flour, melted butter, cocoa powder, erythritol, and baking powder. Use an electric mixer to mix well. This will be your crust.
- Line a 9-inch round pan with parchment paper. Transfer the crust mixture into this pan. Make sure to spread it evenly.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes. Once done, remove and place it on the counter to cool completely.
- To make the filling, mix gelatin with cold water and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix heavy cream, melted cream cheese, cocoa powder, and erythritol. Beat until smooth and homogeneous. Add in gelatin mixture in and beat again.
- Pour the filling mixture over the cooled crust.
- Refrigerate the pie for 4 hours before serving. Cut and serve.