This amazing keto-friendly dish tastes like real lasagna. You will wonder why you haven’t tried it yet. We make this dish with the cheese dough that is similar to lasagna noodles.
Some people might use large zucchini and slice it thinly to resemble the pasta layers, ut in this recipe, we use cheese instead of zucchini.
You will feel like eating one of the most famous Italian foods without all the carbs when it is made without traditional flat pasta sheets.
Whether it’s pizza, pasta, or lasagne, they’re all popular and delicious dishes in the Italian cuisine. We hope some day they will offer similar dish so you can order when eating out at Italian restaurants on keto diet.
As a ketogenic dieter, you might not be able to enjoy those dishes the traditional way, but you can learn to create the keto-version of all these dishes and never miss a thing.
Keto beef lasagna is not only a mouthwatering dish but it’s great for family times or celebrations. Lasagna is always something you want to see on the kitchen table and grab a piece right away.
This lasagna comes in three layers of noodles and two layers of meat. Feel free to double the ingredients and save some leftover for the next day!
The main ingredient of our keto lasagna is beef and cheese. When it comes to the quality of the meat, try to find organic grass-fed meat. It provides more nutrients, like coenzyme Q10 and β-carotene than conventional beef. (*)
Mix Gouda, cream cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper to get cheese dough noodles. If you are not new to the keto diet, you will know this fantastic taste of the fathead dough, like this keto fathead pizza.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a double boiler, combine gouda cheese cut in pieces and full-fat cream cheese.
Let it melt until homogeneous while stirring with spatula.
Once the cheese is melted, add in two eggs, salt, and pepper. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
Transfer the prepared cheese batter on the lined baking tray. Use the spatula to make one big rectangle like in the picture. Try to make it as big as the pan you are going to use for baking lasagna.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
While your noodles are baking, prepare the beef filling.
Heat one tbsp of oil olive in the pan, then add minced garlic and onion in. Add ground beef then cook until the meat is browned.
Add in marinara sauce (or tomato sauce) and one tablespoon of mayonnaise. Cook for five more minutes on low heat. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the stove.
Once your pasta is baked, remove from oven and then cut your cheese pasta dough into three big strips. Place one stripe in the baking pan then spread one thin layer of the meat mixture over it.
Then top with Parmesan cheese and shredded Gouda. Repeat this process with the second layer and the third layer.
Top the third strip with more cheeses, and oregano.
Bake your lasagna in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Let it cool on a counter before serving. Serve on a table with a big bowl of salad! Enjoy!
Keto Beef Lasagna
For The Cheese Flat Pasta Dough
- 2 cups gouda cheese cut
- 2/3 cup cream cheese full-fat
- 2 eggs
Make the pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a double boiler, melt Gouda and cream cheese then add one egg in at a time and stir constantly with a spatula. The mixture should be homogeneous and well combined.
- Remove from heat then spread this cheese dough batter on parchment paper. Shape into a rectangle in the size of the pan you are going to use for baking. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven. This will be the pasta layer you use for your lasagne.
Make the beef filling
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil in then then add minced garlic, onion, and ground beef. Cook until browned. Add marinara sauce and mayonnaise in and mix well. Season with salt and pepper then remove from the stove.
- Once the pasta dough is baked, remove from oven. Let cool then cut into three big strips. This will be your lasagna layers.
- Place one layer in the baking pan then spread one thin layer of the beef filling in. Top with shredded Gouda and Parmesan. Cover with the second strip and repeat the whole process until all pasta and beef are used.
- Finally, on the top layer, add more cheese and oregano.
- Bake in the same oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven, cut the lasagna and serve with fresh or steamed veggies.
Don’t forget to try these recipes too: