Upon starting your keto diet journey, you learned to pass on many of your favorite meals like garlic bread. But pizza? That’s a harder relationship to end.
Luckily, with our cauliflower-based pizza crust, you don’t have to worry about the carb count and miss your favorite comfort food.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
What makes this pizza different is that it does not contain any cornstarch, almond flour, or coconut flour, and it is low in carbs, unlike many cauliflower pizza crusts out there.
Vegetables are always the best choice on any diet, and cauliflower is your best friend when it comes to keto. It is ridiculously low in carbs and has nutrients that will give you the energy for your daily activities. Upon consuming 1 cup serving of cauliflower, you will be getting 73% of the daily recommended value of vitamin C. (1) Another important nutrient found in cauliflowers is the Vitamin K, it improves bone health and strengthens the skeletal muscle structure. (2)
Since we are preparing a keto-friendly pizza version, we try to stick to meat and vegetables as toppings. You can use chicken, as we did, or any deli meat of your choice.
Prepare the ingredients of the recipe while you preheat the oven to 350F (or 180 C°).
Cut the cauliflower into small pieces using a food processor, then cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes then squeeze out all the liquid.
Add the egg, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to the cauliflower mixture and combine well.
Form a pizza crust from the cauliflower mixture using your hands on a baking sheet.
Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes until cooked. Remove and add your veggies such as spinach, tomato or even broccoli.
Place the shredded chicken on the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
Top it with mozzarella cheese and bake it in the oven for a few more minutes to melt it. Serve and enjoy!
Keto Cauliflower Pizza
- Preheat oven to 180 C° or 350F.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and process into very fine little pieces.
- Add cauliflower to a bowl and cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes. You can cook it in a pan if you don’t want to use the microwave. Let it cool down and squeeze the liquid out.
- Add an egg along with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to the cauliflower and mix until well combined. This is going to be your pizza dough.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and place the cauliflower mixture. Form a circular mixture using your hands to make pizza crust.
- Bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Once the pizza crust is ready, remove it from the oven and spread marinara sauce on top then place the tomato slices and spinach as well as cooked shredded chicken on top and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove again and add mozzarella cheese on top and bake for a few minutes to melt cheese. Serve and enjoy!