We call these cookies “Choco-peanuts” because of their delicious combination and pleasant consistency. They are very simple to prepare! Dare to try them.
Most cookies are off limits on the keto diet because they contain too many carbs. Traditionally, cookies are made with flour and sugar base. It tastes good, but this combination contributes to inflammation in the body that leads to diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
Our low-carb and sugar-free cookies don’t contain flour at all! They are also sweetened with a keto-friendly sweetener to ensure that your blood sugar levels stay stable and you don’t get kicked out of ketosis.
You can sweeten your baking recipes with erythritol, stevia, monk fruit or keto products such as Pyure Sweetener.
These cookies use peanut butter as a base, which isn’t exactly a strictly-speaking keto-friendly food because it is a legume. Legumes are not allowed on a keto diet, but these cookies shouldn’t hurt your diet if you keep your portion sizes down.
Our recipe also calls for regular butter, chopped peanuts, cacao powder, an egg, and baking powder. You can use chocolate chips, dark baking chocolate, or unsweetened cocoa powder.
It’s a good idea to have raw cacao powder on hand for all of your baking needs. It contains chocolate in its lowest processed form. This means that you’ll get more of the beneficial antioxidant flavonoids than you would with highly processed forms of chocolate.
This recipe calls for 10 teaspoons of your favorite keto-approved sweetener. We like to use stevia, monk fruit and erythritol in our recipes. Avoid artificial sweeteners whenever possible because they cause inflammation in the gut and have been linked to cancer.
Most people find these hard to digest. Keep in mind that stevia and other keto sweeteners are much sweeter than regular sugar. So if you’re cooking with them, you can usually use less product.
Make these cookies ahead of time and bring them to the office with you or enjoy them as a treat when a sugar craving hits.
To make, start by mixing all of the solid ingredients together in a bowl: baking powder, raw cacao powder (or unsweetened chocolate), and the keto sweetener.
Add the butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla to another bowl and stir well.
Mix until all wet and dry ingredients together until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and chopped peanuts and form a dough.
Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper so the cookies don’t stick. Shape the cookies.
Bake in the oven at 350 for about one to two minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 330F and prepare a baking sheet with wax paper or a silicone blanket to prevent the cookies from sticking to the surface.
- In a bowl, integrate all the solid elements: cocoa, baking powder and sweetener.
- Then add butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla. This mixture is a little sticky, so it is better to beat it with the help of a spoon until it takes an appropriate consistency.
- Finally add the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. Mix to form a dough.
- On a baking tray (or several) lined with waxed paper, place the cookie dough by spoonful separating the 5 cm portions between them.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown on the edges, but soft still in the center, between 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a rack and allow to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
More Sugar-Free Cookies Recipes You Can Try: