The thighs of baked chicken are very rich. They are prepared very quickly and you just have to wait to bake them on a low heat. If you can let them marinate for about 12 hours, they will be perfect. If you are on keto diet, do not even think about removing the skin. Here’s why.
One of the easiest ways to add more high-quality fat to your keto diet is by eating chicken or turkey with the skin intact. The skin isn’t only delicious, especially when crispy. It’s also a great source of dietary fat that will help propel you into ketosis.
Plus, you’ll love the way meat tastes with the skin on. If you’ve been used to eating skinless turkey or chicken breast your whole life, then this change will come as a pleasant surprise!
Our Braised Chicken Thighs recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners. This recipe yields six servings, which is ideal for a family.
But even if you aren’t serving a family, you can make this recipe as is and enjoy leftovers as lunch the next day. We recommend serving this recipe with your favorite low-carb vegetables or salad to increase your greens and create a balanced keto meal.
Most people like to fry their chicken or turkey with the skin on. This is a great way to add flavor to your food, but you’ll want to be careful when picking out your breading and oil. The trip is to swap out inflammatory ingredients for high-quality ingredients.
Instead of frying your meat, our recipe asks you to put the chicken on a rotisserie and bake it. You can always fry your chicken in a stovetop pan if that’s what you are comfortable with! Be sure to use olive oil and almond flour in place of vegetable oil and regular breadcrumbs if you choose to fry it!
To start, season the chicken with salt, olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, parsley and pepper. Put the chicken in a plastic bag and marinate for 12 hours in the fridge. This is an optional step, if you don’t have time, just marinate and cook, no need to place in the fridge.
Once all the flavors have had a chance to soak into the meat, take the chicken out of the fridge and put on a rotisserie with grid. If you don’t have one, then you can always cook these right in a frying pan.
If you’re cooking these on a rotisserie grid, then put in the oven for ten minutes at the maximum temperature the oven will reach.
After the ten minutes is up, set the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for two hours. Serve with your favorite low-carb veggies!
Keto Braised Chicken Thighs
- 6 pcs chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion medium
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Wash the chicken thighs and dry them very well. Season the chicken with sea salt, olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, parsley and pepper.
- Place the chicken inside a plastic bag and marinate for about twelve hours. Cut the onion and lemon into slices.
- Put the chicken thighs on a rotisserie with grid; in the lower part place the chicken broth together with slices of lemon, onion and rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to maximum temperature and bake the chicken thighs at that temperature for a maximum of ten minutes; if it exceeds that time the chicken can burn on the outside and raw inside.
- After the first ten minutes cook on low heat, 200F for about two hours. The broth should dry. Serve the chicken with sliced onions and lemon and sea salt.