A dinner pie always reminds us of something comforting we’ve experienced as a kid. Remember some rainy days when you were sitting in front of the window while watching raindrops falling quickly on the ground?
Everything was perfect. You felt comfortable and happy for no reason because you knew how to enjoy the moment. Suddenly, you heard a voice that came from the kitchen – dinner is ready!
Our Keto Chicken and Mushroom Pie recipe tries to mimic that comfort. The dish is made with fathead dough and filled with chicken, mushrooms, and seasonings. We added some mayo into the dough to make it even tastier. You are going to be speechless!
Our recipe filling calls for chicken, mushrooms, and cream cheese, which sticks to your ribs and is very filling without many carbs. The combination of olive oil and garlic isn’t just flavorful. It’s also an excellent form of natural medicine!
Research shows that garlic can be used to prevent and treat a variety of disorders. It has been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, contain anti-microbial and anti-tumor abilities, and help stabilize high blood sugar concentrations. (*)
Garlic’s antioxidant compounds are better absorbed in the body when eaten with a healthy source of dietary fat, such as olive oil. Olive oil also contains polyphenols, including oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol, that have been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and certain cancers. (*) (*)
Even if you are an adult now, you can always go back to your childhood by cooking certain foods. At some point, you should always keep that kid inside. Let it be part of yourself, even when you get older.
This pie is so easy to make and it’s very tasty! Instead of eating alone, prepare dinner for friends and family, and let our recipe be the night’s hero. After all, the quickest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach!
Preheat the oven to 375 F and prepare the eight-inch pie pan.
Melt gouda cheese in a double boiler over medium heat. When the cheese is fully melted, add in one egg. Stir quickly with a spatula to incorporate. Add in almond flour, salt, pepper and mayo. Lower the heat and continue to cook until the mixture is homogeneous.
Divide the dough into 2 parts. Roll one part between two pieces of parchment papers into a flat piece then cut into an approximately 8-inch circle. Transfer the pastry into a pie or baking dish then press with your fingers to make the edges.
Roll the second half of the dough into the same size. Put the dough in the refrigerator while making the filling.
Heat olive oil in the frying pan. Add minced garlic, mushroom, and chopped chicken. When the chicken is nicely golden, add cream cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to mix all chicken pieces with cream cheese.
Place the filling on top of the dough. Press with a spoon and try to cover the whole surface.
Cover the filling with the second half of the pastry. Press again then make some beautiful shapes on the edges with a fork. Use a knife to cut off excess pieces of the dough.
Bake the pie in the oven for 25 minutes. Spread mayo on the top and cover with rosemary if desired. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken and Mushroom Pie
For the fathead dough
For the filling
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise for the top
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and prepare an eight-inch round pie pan.
- In a double boiler, melt Gouda cheese on medium heat. Once fully melted, add in one egg, almond flour, salt, pepper, and mayo. Continue to cook until the mixture is homogeneous, using a spatula to stir it constantly.
- Divide the dough into half then roll one of them between two pieces of parchment to a size that is slightly bigger than your baking pan. Place into the bottom of the pan and cover the edges using your hands. Trim the extra off the edges if necessary.
- Roll the second part of the dough into the same size as the pan to cover the top of your pie for later. Place the dough in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Heat oil in the frying pan. Add minced garlic, chicken, and sliced mushroom. When the chicken is cooked, add in the cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the filling over the crust and cover the filling with the second part of the dough. Make sure the edges are tight. Use a fork to poke a few holes so it bakes evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Once golden, remove from heat. Serve with some mayo or tomato sauce and with some rosemary on top.
More Low Carb Recipes with Fathead Dough You Can Try: