Who would suggest these small pillows known as gnocchi made from fathead dough can easily satisfy your cravings for high carb pasta.
We added a small number of ground peanuts into the dough and made them way much tastier. Peanuts always bring every dish to the next level. There is something magical in their flavor or we are so in love with them, who knows?
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
Fathead dough can be such fun and it can help you to awake the child you hide deep inside. Bring the dough to every child and you’ll see the smile on their face.
This small keto gnocchi is for the first time on our menu. We can tell you we are so surprised by their texture and flavor.
Did we mention that they are topped with more shredded cheese and baked for 10 extra minutes in the oven? The most interesting part is at the very end.
You cook them first to make them soft then bake in the oven to get the most of the flavor. Melted cheese is like the cherry on top of the dish.
Dried basil, parsley, and oregano are some of the suggestions for the seasonings you will want to try with our Keto gnocchi. Combine these three or use only one of them. The choice is yours.
Your lunch or dinner idea is served!
In the medium-size microwave-safe bowl combine mozzarella cheese and butter. You can do this in a double boiler if you like. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and if needed, microwave for 10 seconds more. Stir the mixture again until smooth.
Add in almond flour, salt, peanut flour (or coconut flour), and egg. Mix well all ingredients with a spatula then knead the dough with your hands. These can take a few minutes. Make sure everything is well combined.
Divide the big bowl into 4 small parts or 3 bigger. Roll each part and cut into the size you like.
We make them thinner so our gnocchi is going to be bite-sized.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the gnocchi to the water and boil for 2 minutes until they are soft.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F. Place them on a parchment paper.
Top each gnocchi with basil and shredded gouda and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
More Keto Fathead Recipes You Can Try:
For fathead dough
- 2 tbsp Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Melt mozzarella cheese and butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. If needed, put again in the microwave for 10 seconds more. The mixture should be soft and smooth.
- Add in peanut flour (or coconut flour), almond flour, one egg, and salt to taste.
- Stir with a spatula then knead the dough with your hands. It’s easier.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll each of them as thin as you can. Use a knife to cut your gnocchi.
- Bring a pot with salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Boil gnocchi for 1 -2 minutes until soft.
- When all of them are cooked, place them on a parchment paper. Top with more shredded cheese and dried basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy and serve with your favorite sauce.