Tiramisu is a well-known Italian cheesecake dessert with a delightful coffee flavor that’s combined with rum. It has two or three cake layers and sweet, creamy filling between them.
Obviously, traditional tiramisu is not keto or low carb, but with some tips and tricks, we transformed this treat into a low-carb and keto-friendly fantasy.
To make it sugar-free and keto-approved, we use erythritol as a keto sugar substitute. You can use other keto-friendly sweeteners that you prefer.
Mascarpone cheese is the hero of the original tiramisu. Since it is high in fats and low in carbs, we saved this ingredient to make its fantastic creamy filling.
A yummy piece of cake follows better days and emotions. Desserts are made to improve the mood whenever you are down or out of motivation. The key point is just finding the right one.
Our Keto tiramisu is happy to help you with the power of fantastic characteristics – tasty, keto, and sugar-free.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix almond flour, sweetener, and baking powder. Add melted butter and mix again. Then add in eggs, one at a time. Use an electric mixer for beating.
Pour rum extract. Depending on how much you like the taste, you can put more or less. We added three teaspoons because we adore it. Make sure to beat everything until homogeneous.
Transfer the cake mixture into the lined pan with parchment paper. Use a spatula to smooth.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Once baked, let the cake cool completely.
While the cake is baking, prepare the filling.
In a small double boiler, beat egg yolks with sweetener. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7-10 minutes. Stir constantly until the color is lighter than at the beginning.
Use an electric mixer to mix with mascarpone cheese or some other full-fat cream cheese. As we mention, the original recipe is made with mascarpone, but you can put some other cream cheese.
Combine gelatin with water until it becomes thick. Combine with the filling.
We wanted to get three smaller tiramisu cakes, so we cut our baked cake into three stripes. Then we cut each strip into half to get thinner cake layers.
Place the first three layers on the parchment paper then spread half of the filling on top of them.
Cover the filling with three more stripes and press with fingers.
Add espresso or dark coffee into the second part of the filling and mix it with a spoon.
Pour the remaining filling on top of the second cake layer. Cover the whole cake with cocoa powder.
Refrigerate at least one hour before serving or better overnight. Enjoy!
More Keto Desserts You Can Try:
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Donuts
For the cake
The Cake Layer
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, rum extract, and sweetener.
- Add in melted butter and eggs one at a time. Beat with an electric mixer.
- Place the mixture into the lined pan with parchment paper. Spread with a spatula into a rectangle. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In a double boiler, combine egg yolks with powdered erythritol. Cook it until the color becomes lighter.
- Add in mascarpone cheese and beat. Next, combine gelatin with water then mix with the filing. Mix everything well.
- Cut your cake into three same-size stripes. Then slice each of them into half.
- Place three stripes on the parchment paper. Spread half of the filling on top of them.
- Cover with three more stripes and press with fingers.
- The second half of the filling mix with coffee.
- Place the remaining filling on the second cake layer. Top with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.