With ground beef and cheese you can never make a mistake since they both are a perfect mouthwatering duo.
They are highly recommended for the keto or low carb diet because they provide a great amount of vitamins and other important nutrients. Proteins and fats are the two major groups which make them perfect for the diet you follow.
Keto stuffed peppers have one secret ingredient that does its crazy thing with the flavor. We are talking about beef sausage. Can you imagine the taste of fried sausage combined with ground beef and shredded Gouda cheese? Sure you can!
When choosing sausages on the keto diet, make sure it comes with clean keto-friendly ingredients. Look for the ones without added sugar, starch, preservatives
The idea of our stuffed peppers is to show you one more way to eat healthily. Your time is going to be saved as well because they are going to be ready very quickly.
You only have to brown ground beef and sausages then fill the peppers. The oven is going to take care of the rest. And voila! You have one amazing final dish.
Peppers are packed with a lot of important bioactive compounds. Their strong antioxidant capacity makes them well-known all around the world. (*)
They can taste different due to their color which makes them perfect for the plate. The eye should catch the food first so go ahead and buy different colored peppers.
We are so excited to show you the recipe. Let our dish talk instead of us! Enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in the pan. Add in onion or minced garlic in. Cook on medium-heat then brown the beef and chopped sausage pieces. Season with salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Once done, remove from heat and let cool.
In the meantime, slice the top of peppers and scoop out the seeds
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine shredded Gouda cheese and the cooked beef.
Fill each pepper with meat mixture then transfer them into the pan.
Top them with more shredded cheese and press with your hands to close them.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is golden.
Serve them warm and enjoy with your favorite salad.
More Low Carb Ground Beef Recipes You Can Try:
Keto Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef
- 1 cup ground beef
- ½ cup beef sausage keto-friendly, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Gouda cheese shredded and divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 4 bell peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add onion in and cook for a few minutes, then add the ground beef and sausage. Add tomato sauce in and stir fry until the meat become brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the top of each bell pepper and remove seeds.
- Once the meat is cool, combine it with 1 cup of shredded Gouda cheese.
- Fill each pepper with the meat-cheese mixture then top with more shredded Gouda.
- Transfer the peppers into the baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!