A creamy mix of tuna, mayo, and cheese is going to be your new favourite delicious obsession you can use in two different ways. Either as a spread or as a filling onto the almond crust, that you won’t regret at all. But we suggest you try our cake first. It is so good!
This Tuna Cake is perfect in many ways. It is keto, which means healthy and without a lot of carbs. You’ll have your lunch or dinner ready in a short time.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
And you are going to be surprised with the different flavors, the tuna one, and then the yummy cheese part, and the third one is the almond flour crust. Now you can only imagine that fantastic trio made into one.
Tuna Cake is a little bit different than the other dishes we’ve made so far. The baking process is easy, but the final step is going to impress you. You are going to find the secret once you make it.
We make simple recipes to help you to stay fit and committed to the keto diet. Follow the recipe below and enjoy our Keto Tuna cake.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix tuna, mayo, Gouda cheese, salt, and shredded zucchini. Make sure you use a kitchen towel to squeeze the liquid out of zucchini or your dish will be very soggy.
Spread tuna mixture in a round pie pan. Make sure to grease your pan first.
In another mixing bowl, combine almond flour, eggs, salt, heavy cream, and smoked paprika. Mix with a fork or an electric mixer until homogenous. If you don’t have paprika, check this list of paprika substitutes.
Pour the mixture over the tuna mixture. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Let the cake cool on the counter for 10 minutes then use a knife to separate the edges from the pan.
Turn the pan up side down, so the almond mixture becomes the crust, and the tuna mixture becomes the top filling. If you don’t like almond, you can use shredded coconut.
Serve warm with some vegetables. Enjoy!
Keto Tuna Cakes
For the filling
- 1 tuna canned, remove liquid
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1 zucchini medium, shredded and squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Shred zucchini and squeeze all the water out of it to avoid having your dish soggy. Mix tuna, mayonnaise, salt, Gouda cheese, and zucchini with a fork.
- Transfer the mixture in the prepared cake pan that has been greased with oil. Press it firm to create a tuna layer.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine almond flour, eggs, salt, smoked paprika, and heavy cream. Mix until it become homogeneous. Pour the mixture over the tuna mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Once the cake is baked, let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use a knife to separate the edges from the pan. Turn the pan up side down so the almond mixture becomes the crust with tuna filling on top.