Our low-carb flatbread recipe provides everything you want from bread. It’s nicely soft on the inside and has crispy on the edges, but with the upgraded taste of the melted cheese.
You have many options with our recipe. Feel free to make flatbread with almond flour only. Be careful with it because you’ll need a smaller amount than the amount of added coconut flour from the recipe. Start with one spoon and continue to knead until the perfect dough remains.
If you want to enjoy your bread extra crispy, simply bake them in the oven longer. And if you crave some veggies, add spinach and garlic for additional health benefits.
The primary ingredients in this bread are cheese and coconut flour. Unlike enriched flour, coconut flour is an excellent source of healthy fats and fiber without gluten. It’s an excellent way to reduce chronic inflammation in the body, which can lead to unwanted symptoms and disease.
Research shows that the medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs) found in coconut products can be used to treat and prevent the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (*).
MCTs have also been shown to reduce the risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and epilepsy (*). Additionally, the fiber found in coconut flour has been linked to reductions in total cholesterol levels, diabetes, and colon cancer (*). Thanks to its fiber content, this coconut flour bread can help keep you full for hours without spiking blood sugar levels.
You are going to love mornings, lunches, and dinners rather than wish for some non-keto food you used to eat almost every day. You won’t feel guilty after indulging in this bread, and you definitely won’t miss the bloating and brain fog that accompanies traditional recipes!
The smell from the oven will wake up all your senses and prepare you to enjoy their cheesy texture! Enjoy baking!
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a double-boiler, melt shredded white cheddar cheese and full-fat cream cheese. Let the cheese melt completely. The mixture should be very smooth.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs and coconut flour in the mixing bowl. Season with salt.
Once the cheeses are well-mixed, combine them with eggs and flour mixture. Knead the dough with your hands. If needed, add one tablespoon of coconut flour (but not much more). Don’t make it the dough too dry, otherwise, your bread will break when you try to roll it.
Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball between two parchment papers into long flatbreads. Place them on the baking tray lined with parchment paper while removing the top paper.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. For the crispy edges, bake them for 18 minutes. Don’t over bake to avoid having it too brittle and crumbly.
Once baked, sprinkle some dried parsley and enjoy them as a side or as a main dish with your favorite meat topping! Enjoy!
You can use this recipe and adjust it to make coconut flour tortillas, coconut flour naan or keto pita bread. There’s no need to buy Zero Carb Bread when you have many recipes to follow and make your own.
Keto Coconut Flour Flatbread
- 1 tsp psyllium husk for extra soft and chewy
- 1-2 tbsp water to adjust consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine cheddar with cream cheese in a double boiler over medium heat until fully melted and smooth. Once done, whisk eggs with coconut flour and add them into the cheese mixture. Season with salt. This will be your bread dough. You can also add a little bit of psyllium husk to increase the chewy and soft texture (optional).
- Knead the dough with your hands. If needed, add a little bit of water or coconut flour to adjust the desired consistency. Divide the dough into 8 balls. Flatten each ball between two parchment papers into long flat breads.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Do not over bake it or it will become dry and hard to roll. You can also cook these bread dough pieces in a non-stick pan with some coconut oil like how you cook pancakes instead of baking.
- Once ready, sprinkle some chopped parsley and serve with your favorite dish.
More Low-Carb Bread Recipes You Can Try: