We are so in love with this Low Carb Cheeseburger Pie with Beef recipe because it tastes like real burgers from the grill!
It is compatible with all ingredients you’d eat with regular burgers – from mayo and mustard to lettuce and jalapenos. The recipe is gluten-free. It uses almond flour instead of enriched white bread while keeping the same taste.
Almond flour is how you make gluten free cheeseburger pie. It’s also an excellent source of healthy fats and fiber to help fill you up and stabilize blood sugar levels at the same time. The bacon and beef contribute to this dish’s satiety without tacking on the carbs.
As a processed meat, it’s important to buy a high-quality brand of bacon that comes from organic, pasture-raised sources raised without the use of antibiotics, added sugars, hormones, or nitrates.
You could enhance the nutrition of this dish by adding low-carb veggies, such as onions, bell peppers, and spinach. The healthy fats in this recipe from the cheese will help you absorb the antioxidant nutrients from the veggies!
For those of you who love to grill, but sometimes need a break from it, this recipe is going to make your life easier and save you time. It cooks as a casserole instead of on the grill.
We let the oven do all the work while we walk around and enjoy the smell of roasted meat and melted cheese. The best part is you’ll have a meal ready in 30 minutes!
You can adjust the ingredients to your family’s favorite flavors. Prepare pies in smaller round pans and assemble meat and cheeses, but use different spices or veggies. You only have to combine, bake, and serve. It’s very simple!
Keto Cheeseburger Pie is one of those dishes you can make at the last minute when you are stuck with ideas, but crave a quick healthy meal. You don’t need many dishes either, which cuts down on your kitchen cleaning time. Enjoy baking!
Preheat the oven to 400F. Prepare an 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
Cut bacon into small pieces and transfer into the frying pan over medium heat. As the bacon fat starts to melt, add in chopped onion and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beef gets a nice brown color. Remove from heat.
Transfer the mixture in the prepared pan.
Cover the meat with shredded cheese and cheddar slices.
For the creamy filling – beat one egg in a bowl then mix in almond flour, salt, baking powder, and heavy cream. Stir until homogeneous. You can also use coconut flour as a baking flour (see Coconut Flour Vs Almond Flour).
Pour the flour mixture over the cheeses.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the pie cool for a while before serving. Top with your favorite topping and grab a big bowl of salad to enjoy with.
Keto Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 1/2 cup ground beef
- 1/4 cup bacon cut
- 1/2 onion medium, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
For the creamy filling
- 1 cup almond flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder gluten-free
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add chopped bacon in. Once the bacon fat starts to melt, add onion and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the beef is brown.
- Transfer the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch pan then top with shredded Gouda cheese and then place cheddar cheese slices on top to cover it.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine egg, almond flour, heavy cream and a little bit of salt and pepper. Stir until creamy then pour the batter in the prepared baking dish on top of the cheese slices.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Let the pie cool for a while before cutting. Serve warm and enjoy with some salad and leafy greens.
More Similar Recipes You Can Try: