Can you believe that the land of pasta, pizza, and red wine also has a special dish to offer for keto dieters? Well, this delicious low carb soup is Italy’s gift for you. Get this filling soup, loaded with a bunch of flavors ready for you and a loved one in no time.
It is common for anyone converting to a low carb lifestyle, to worry about not feeling satisfied and full after a meal. But, we promise you that this recipe is anything but bland and unimpressive!
The stracciatella is a traditional egg soup of Italian home cooking and although soups are one of the most comforting dishes that can exist, the preparation of some can take a really long time, however, with today’s recipe, all that you need is 15 minutes and you’re done.
The key ingredient in this recipe is a good broth which serves as a base for the egg mixture, Parmesan cheese and parsley, which will be added to it later on to form small strips of egg strands, known as the “stracetti.” Get the punch of electrolytes with either a chicken broth or a beef one, both taste great and will instantly make you feel better.
This high in protein, low-calorie dish is great on those days when you need a quick, hassle-free recipe but you want to feel full afterwards.
Prepare the ingredients.
In a bowl, add the eggs, Parmsan cheese, lemon zest, parsley and nutmeg. Beat to incorporate all ingredients.
Melt butter in a soup pot then add minced garlic in. Add chicken broth and bring to boil over medium heat. Once the soup starts to boil, pour the egg mixture in slowly and stir constantly.
Fluffy flakes will start to form, season wit salt and pepper to taste Remove from heat and serve in a bowl.
Keto Stracciatella Soup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- bacon cooked crispy bits
- parsley chopped
- In a sauce pan, add butter in then add minced garlic. Stir round until the garlic turns golden and smells good. Add bone broth in and bring to boil over medium heat.
- In the meantime, beat eggs with lemon zest, chopped parsley, Parmesan and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl using a spoon or a fork.
- When the broth begins to boil, add the egg mixture in gently and slowly while stirring with a big soup spoon. Season with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Continue stirring for another minute until the eggs are set. Once done, remove from heat and serve in a bowl. Top with extra cheese and crispy bacon bits and parsley (optional).