Let’s talk about easy, keto recipes that come together in just under 30 minutes. If you have a bowl of lemons on your counter all the time, then you’d better start cooking with them. Who doesn’t love a recipe that is both healthy and packed with good flavors? Try this outrageously low carb, good chicken dish for tonight’s dinner.
Chicken is one of those super versatile ingredients that you can easily find trillions of recipes to cook them, but this creamy, savory lemon butter chicken you don’t want to miss out.
First off, get your hands on a good quality, organic boneless chicken breasts, if you’re removing the bones yourself then save them for making some stock later on.
Our version of keto lemon butter chicken has some baby spinach leaves. It is one of the most nutrient-loaded foods you can eat. With over 18 amino acids and a bunch of antioxidants that will benefit your body.
Whether you’re on a standard diet or a low carb ketogenic diet, thyme perfectly fits into your meals. We made sure to include it in our dish to spice it up and benefit from its medicinal advantages.
Prepare the ingredients and preheat the oven at 400°F.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika and set a side. Ina frying pan, cook garlic and onion with butter. Once done, transfer to a baking dish.
In the same pan, fry chicken with butter for 2-3 minutes on each side then transfer to the same baking dish.
In the same frying pan, add spinach in and stir around until it’s wilted.
After that, add bone broth, cream cheese, lemon juice and thyme in and bring to boil.
Transfer the spinach soup to the same baking dish that has chicken already in it. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes so the chicken gets cooked thoroughly and the sauce is thickened.
Remove from the oven, let it stand for 5 minutes then serve and enjoy!
Keto Lemon Spinach Butter Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and onion in and cook stirring for approximately 3 minutes. Remove the cooked garlic-onion from the frying pan and place them in a baking dish or an oven-safe glass casserole dish.
- Melt 2 spoons of the remaining butter in the same pan. Add chicken breast in and cook both sides until golden on the outside (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove and place the chicken in the same baking dish.
- In the same frying pan, add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes until the spinach is tender.
- Add chicken broth, cream cheese, lemon juice and thyme in and bring to boil.
- Pour this spinach to the same baking dish with chicken then place it in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy.