Who doesn’t love a solid nachos recipe? But what if you were on a keto diet? We know it is tough to give up the flavor of one of the most popular Mexican corn tortillas. Is there such a thing as keto nachos?
Today we offer a low carb alternative that is just as good as the real deal. They are not only easy to make but also might even become one of your staple keto recipes.
Regular Nachos cannot be considered as a healthy go-to appetizer, don’t be surprised, but our keto version has potential health benefits. This low carb version helps regulate blood sugar and boosts heart health. (1)
Try to use grass-fed beef to benefit from a 300-500% more CLA compared to the non-grass fed one, higher levels of CLA and vitamin K2 lowers the risk of heart diseases. (2)
If you love nachos as much as we do, and want to stay on track with your keto journey, then this keto-friendly nachos recipe is for you. It is amazing how creative you can be when going on a keto diet.
Prepare the guacamole dip as well for a perfect combo and enjoy it on an afternoon with your friends and family. The macros of this dish per serving make a great filling snack or lunch.
Avocados are rich in potassium and electrolytes that promoted good cardiovascular health, hydration, and muscle health. (3)
In this recipe, we used almond flour, but you can replace it with coconut flour if you desire. This will give a unique taste and texture to the gluten-free nachos. So, get all your ingredients together, and let’s start cooking.
Prepare the ingredients of the recipe while you preheat the oven to 350F.
Combine all ingredients for the chips in one mixing bowl. Knead to consistency. When the dough looks soft enough, press with a rolling pin on a flat surface.
Cut the flattened dough into bite-sized rectangular pieces. Lay a piece of cheddar cheese on top of each cracker. Arrange the pieces on a baking sheet and brown in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Put in a plate until ready to serve.
Pour oil in a preheated skillet. Sauté the ground beef in the pan together with the minced garlic, bay leaf, and oregano for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drop the chopped tomatoes into the pan and allow to cook for another 5 minutes before turning off the stove.
Mix all the guacamole ingredients in a bowl. Adjust the flavor with some salt.
Spread sour cream (optional) and meat on top of the crackers. Serve with the guacamole on the side.
Keto Beef Nachos Chips
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg small, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 avocado medium, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tomato small, chopped
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- sour cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F°.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, melted butter, cream cheese, egg and salt. Mix until you get a firm and soft dough then flatten the dough using a rolling pin.
- Cut the flat dough into small pieces to form the tortilla chips or crackers. Place a small piece of cheddar cheese on each cracker.
- Transfer the chips onto a baking sheet and then bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until they're golden and crispy.
- In the meantime, we make the beef fillings by sauteing ground beef in a frying pan with olive oil, oregano, minced garlic, chopped tomato, bay leaves, pepper, and salt. Let it cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- For the guacamole, mix the avocado, tomato, cilantro, and onion. Add salt to taste.
- Serve nacho crackers with beef fillings and sour cream (optional) on top along with guacamole and enjoy!