When it comes to a rich and filling dessert, it is hard to beat a piece of cheesecake. If you are starting on your keto journey, finding sugar free and low carb desserts at the stores might seem challenging.It’s best to make your own keto cheesecake to make sure it’s 100% keto-approved.
Who does not love a piece of fudgy chocolate cheesecake? The question is how do you make a chocolate cake low carb?
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
Actually it’s easier than you think. By simply replacing regular flour with almond or coconut flower, sugar with keto-friendly sweetener, you will have a cheesecake that’s 100% keto-friendly.
Who says that keto dieters do not get to have all the fun? Not us, that is for sure. If you are a big fan of cheesecakes, then make sure to check out all of our cheesecake recipes and indulge in different recipes we have created for you. We can assure you that you are going to want to try all of them.
For the best result, make sure to follow our measurements and directions. When following our recipes, feel free to adjust it to your preferences so they can meet your personal taste buds.
If you are a coffee-lover, go ahead and add 3 tablespoons of black coffee in the mixture. Also, if you prefer a thinner piece of cheesecake, you can use a bigger baking spring-form for that.
Almond flour is the best thing for keto baking as it has many nutritional properties including fatty acids, it’s also low in carbs and gluten-free, unlike regular flours. You can benefit from its versatility and incorporate it into numerous savory and sweet low-carb recipes,such as bread, muffins, and waffles.
For the cheesecake crust:
Prepare the ingredients of the recipe.
Using a food processor, blend the almond flour and cocoa powder and gradually add the sweetener, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Alternatively, you can skip the food processor and mix them manually in a bowl until the mixture is homogeneous.
Spread the mixture in the mold, cover with plastic paper, and place it into the fridge for 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
For the cheesecake filling:
Start by melting the chocolate using the bain-marie method. After that, whip the melted chocolate with eggs and sweetener until you achieve a creamy consistency. Add cream cheese, vanilla extract and combine well.
Remove the crust from the fridge, and pour the filling mixture into it.
Bake it in a preheated 320F oven for about 1 hour. To prevent cracking, once the cake is cooked, turn off the oven and leave a half-open door for 2 hours, or until it is cooled completely.
Cover the cheesecake and place it in the fridge for 2 hours, unmold to decorate.
For the topping:
Melt the butter with the chocolate in the microwave. Once it’s melted, add the sweetener in and mix well. Pour the chocolate mixture to cover the top of the cheesecake. You can sprinkle cocoa powder and almonds for extra decoration. Serve and enjoy!
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Brush a 24-cm (~9-inch) cake mold with melted butter and cover the mold with oven-safe baking paper.
- Add almond flour, butter, powdered cocoa to a food processor. Gradually add the sweetener, cinnamon, and nutmeg in. Mix until you obtain a homogeneous consistency.
- Transfer this mixture to a cake mold and spread it uniformly and press firmly to form a crust. Cover the springform and place into a fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler known as the “Bain-Marie”.
- With an electric blender, whip the sweetener and eggs until you obtain a light and creamy consistency. Add the cheese cream in and whip until it combines well.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla essence and butter in and mix very well.
- Pour the filling in the cheesecake springform with almond flour crust that we prepared earlier. Smooth the batter out well.
- Take this to the preheated 160°C (320F) oven. Bake for about 1 hour or until the cheesecake feels firm in the center. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door half open for about 2 hours, or until it has cooled down completely. This step will prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
- Once it's cool down, take it to the fridge to chill for 2 hours, then unmold.
- Add butter and chocolate in a bowl then melt it using the microwave oven. After 5 seconds, remove and stir using a small spoon then put back in the microwave. Repeat this procedure until the entire chocolate is melted. Do not microwave more than 8 seconds because of the risk that the chocolate might get burnt around the edges of the bowl.
- Once the chocolate and butter are melted, add the sweetener in and mix well.
- Once the cheesecake is ready, remove from the fridge. Spread this chocolate mixture on top of the cake then sprinkle cocoa powder on. Slice and serve.