If you just love Italian sandwiches before entering in a Ketogenic diet, this easy to make recipe is for you. These lunch meat rolls are perfect for a quick lunch and so convenient to bring to work or camping, etc…
These deli or lunch meats are okay to have on keto as long as you can find the ones that don’t have sugar added or nasty ingredients. Some of the types of meat you can have are genoa salami, mortadella, soppressata, prosciutto, pepperoni, and ham.
The veggies added in this dish give it extra flavor, and help get rid of the salty taste of deli meat. These veggies are also rich in vitamins and good for your health.
This is one of the easiest low-carb dishes you can make. First, you need to slice the vegetables lengthwise. This makes it easier to roll and avoid the fillings falling out.
Next, arrange the deli meats so that the bigger slice is at the bottom and the smaller one on top.
Spread mayo on the meat and top with cheese and sliced veggies.
Start rolling it carefully and tight it up using toothpicks.
Repeat the process until all ingredients are used.
Optional: You can prepare a vinaigrette dressing or dip by mixing 3 tablespoons of avocado oil and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with some Italian herbs and seasoning in a bowl and stir. Serve this dipping with the rolls.
Keto Italian Deli Roll Ups
Other optional toppings:
- 1 pickled cucumber optional
- 8 black olives optional
- First, cut the lettuce leaves, bell peppers, jalapeno and pickled cucumber (if usininto long and thin strips.
- On a plate, add the largest slice of meat on then follow up with the smaller ones.
- Spread mayonnaise on top then add cheese and veggies on one end and start rolling it tightly and hold the edges with a toothpick.
- Repeat the process for all rolls. Enjoy!