Broccoli is one of the best low-carb vegetables with a great amount of vitamins and antioxidants. You can make many stir-fry dishes with this vegetable or steam it to serve with your grilled meat.
Today we are making a cheesy and creamy broccoli soup with crispy bacon bits on top. You’ll love this one, especially in cold weather, or whenever you just want some comfort food to eat while watching a movie.
This recipe is super easy to make. Let’s get started!
Chop broccoli into small pieces using a knife or food processor. After that, chop the garlic and onion, too.
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, add butter in. You can use olive oil if you want to. Throw in the garlic and onion and stir it around for 1 minute.
Add broccoli in and stir for 2-3 minutes then add bone broth in. Boil the soup then simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
Finally, add cheese and sour cream, stir well.
Turn off the heat and pour the soup into a bowl. Top with fried bacon bits and some green onions or chives. Serve warm.
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Wash and cut the broccoli florets into small pieces. Mince garlic and onion.
- In a hot pan (or soup pot), melt butter then add garlic and onion in. Saute until the amazing fragrance is released then add broccoli in, saute for a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth in bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Finally, add sour cream, Parmesan and cream cheese. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes and stir until the soup is thick. Add some salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with crispy fried bacon and serve.