Everybody loves eating ice-cream every now and then, and when you are following a ketogenic diet, it is a little bit hard to find keto-friendly ice-cream because of the ingredients and sugar added.
The sugar-free avocado based chocolate ice cream recipe is very easy to follow. It’s very delicious also which guarantees that your family won’t realize that it’s keto.
Get your ingredients Ready. We use full fat coconut milk (or coconut cream) for this recipe, but you can replace it with heavy cream. First, remove the avocado seed and cut into small pieces.
Transfer the avocado into a blender along with other ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
Blend it well until you get a thick and smooth texture. Transfer this mixture to your ice-cream maker and follow the machine instructions.
Once done, bring the mixture to a container or a bowl, then fold chocolate chips in to mix it.
Finally, freeze the mixture in the freezer for an hour or until the desired consistency is achieved. Serve and enjoy!
Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 avocado ripe
- ½ cup coconut milk full fat, or coconut cream
- ¼ cup sour cream full fat
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or 1 tsp mint extract
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz chocolate chips
- Cut up the avocado in half. Remove the seed and extract the pulp in the blender.
- Add coconut milk in (you can use almond milk), and turn on the blender.
- While processing, add the mint, sweetener, sour cream and vanilla, and keep processing until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Now pour the mixture into your ice-cream machine and process by following the instructions of the machine you have. This might take anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour.
- Once the ice-cream mixture is completely homogeneous, pour it on a large bowl and incorporate the dark sugar-free chocolate chips (you could use crushed dark chocolate pieces if you prefeand stir with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Now place the bowl to the freezer for between 30 – 60 minutes, depending on the consistency of the ice cream you wish. Enjoy!