Truffles and chocolate bonbons are ideal to soothe those hunger pangs or your desire to drink something sweet, which always happens when we are dieting.
In that case, you have to try these avocado truffles. It’s a dessert that is made very quickly and using very few ingredients: avocado, cocoa powder, sweetener and whatever you want as topping.
If you like the bitter taste of chocolate, then you can add less sweetener.
The topping gives a delicious appearance to the truffles and that crunchy flavor. We use almonds, peanuts and cocoa powder, but you can use any dried fruit that you want.
Keep in mind that dried fruit tends to be high in calories, carbs and sugar. So you want to make sure you keep your portions small and use dried fruit that does not contain added sugars.
We recommend that you use raw cacao powder in any recipe that calls for chocolate. This is because raw cacao powder is unprocessed and contains the highest levels of antioxidants.
You can also use the keto-approved sweetener of your choice. We recommend using stevia, erythritol or monk fruit extract. You can also use a combination of each.
Look for a brand of vanilla that is pre and contains no added sugars. You can use any low-carb nut you have on hand for the topping. Pecans, macadamia nuts and almonds work well. Peanuts and shredded unsweetened coconut are also very tasty, too!
The great thing about these truffles is that they require no baking. All you have to do is prepare the dough, roll it in the toppings, and let it set in the refrigerator.
Serve these at your next party and no one will know (or care!) that they are low-carb!
To make, start by peeling the avocado and cutting it into small pieces.
Use a fork or potato crusher to mash the avocado. Add the melted chocolate and sweetener little by little and stir until all the ingredients are mixed together. Then add the vanilla and knead until the dough is formable.
Continue to knead the mixture for about 5 minutes. Put in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to let it set and become firm.
Prepare your toppings by chopping the nuts and putting them on separate plates.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and use your hands to form 18 small balls.
Roll them into each desired topping.
Serve or put leftovers back in the refrigerator.
Keto Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- 1 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1 cup avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp erythritol
- 2 tbsp heavy cream optional
- 1 tbsp pecans finely chopped
- 1 tbsp almond finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted peanut finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Peel the avocado and cut it into small pieces. Place it in the bottom of a large bowl and mash it using a potato crusher or a fork. Add melted chocolate, vanilla extract and sweetener in. Mix all the ingredients.
- When all the ingredients are mixed, knead until you obtain a moldable consistency. You can add a little bit of heavy cream for creamy texture.
- Knead this mixture very well for about 5 minutes and refrigerate them in a covered container for about 20 minutes (to form truffles easier).
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings. Chop almond, pecan and peanut on a board with a sharp knife as small as possible and place them on separate flat plates.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and form 18 spheres of equal size.
- Place each ball individually on a plate and roll it until it is completely covered with toppings. Serve and enjoy. Store them in a covered container in the fridge for later use.