A common problem for keto dieters is feeling alone or left out at mealtime. Most of us end up with a different meal on the table than everyone else. You’ll always meet someone who is going to judge you and your food choices. Does this sound familiar? If so, you’re not alone.
With that in mind, we try to help you to be in control of the food you eat by making keto recipes that will make you just love your diet and never wish for someone else’s food!
Our Keto Chicken Carbonara with Zoodles recipe will be on your daily menu. It’s so good that non-keto dieters will want to try it!
The art of Italian cooking is so specific. Their delicious meals are mostly creamy and cheesy, which puts them on top of the list of cuisines all around the world!
Our noodles are made from zucchini and they will upgrade the dish with their good nutritional profile.
Zucchini belongs to the squash family. It’s low in carbs and calories and has a high water content, which means that it can help keep you hydrated. It works well as a pasta replacement because you can eat them cooked or raw. They even take on the appearance of real pasta if you use a spiralizer or sharp knife to shape them!
Zucchini is a good source of antioxidants, including lutein, zeaxanthin, carotenes, vitamin C, and dehydroascorbic acid. Research shows that these antioxidants can be used to promote health and reduce the risk of diseases, including cancer (*).
The antioxidants in zucchini, especially dehydroascorbic acid and vitamin C, can also help reduce metabolic damage and keep skin looking young and healthy. Additionally, zucchini is a good source of flavonoids, which help reduce the risk of heart disease (*).
However, the best part about using zucchini in place of pasta is that you’ll be eliminating gluten from your meal, which contributes to chronic inflammation in the body.
With crispy bacon, baked chicken, zucchini, and melted cheese, we found the winning flavor combination that you’ll get with regular pasta. Our improvisations might even be better than the real thing!
We are sharing with you one of our favorite combos for dinner. This classic dish requires minimal kitchen skills, but you’ll delight all the guests you’ve invited to dinner.
Use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles or use a knife to cut it into tiny strips. Boil them in salted water for 2-3 minutes then drain the water.
Add chopped chicken and bacon to a frying pan. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan once the chicken is golden and the bacon is crispy.
Add shredded gouda and mayo in the pan over low heat. Add in garlic powder or use minced garlic. Stir constantly with a spatula until the cheese is fully melted. Add in xanthan gum to get a thicker consistency. Add egg in and stir constantly to avoid being scrambled.
Fold in zucchini and mix well.
Add bacon and chicken back in.
Top with oregano, basil, or Parmesan and enjoy your Keto zucchini noodle carbonara!
Keto Chicken Zoodle Carbonara
- ½ lb chicken breast cut in pieces
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 slice bacon cut in pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 lb zucchini (2 medium zucchini, cut into noodle size)
- 1/4 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cut zucchini into noodles with a spiralizer or use a knife to cut them into tiny strips.
- In a saucepan, bring water into boil, add some salt then add in zoodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil in. Add chicken and bacon in and season with salt and pepper. Saute until cooked. Remove the cooked meat from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add shredded Gouda, mayo and garlic powder. Stir with a spatula until the cheese is completely melted. Add xanthan gum in to thicken the sauce. Crack one egg and add to the pan. Stir very quickly to ensure the egg doesn’t scramble.
- Add zucchini back in and stir well so the zoodles is well coated with the cheese sauce. Don't over cook your noodles or it will become very soft and soggy. Add cooked bacon and chicken back in. Stir for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Serve on a plate with some Parmesan topping and enjoy.
Here are more low-carb recipes with zucchini noodles you can try: