Get ready to impress yourself and everyone else with this recipe. It is packed with rich flavors, thanks to the creamy sauce loaded with garlic, get it on the table in minutes, and if you were tempted to eat it straight from the pan, we wouldn’t blame you.
Another mouthwatering creation by Italian cuisine is the Tuscan sauce. Prepare it on special nights when you need restaurant-quality sustenance, it is elegant, luscious, low in carb and keto too. Well, the Tuscan sauce is so good that it makes everything better, especially shrimp dishes.
This traditional dish is served with penne pasta or some toasted bread on the side, people on keto diet like us can quickly spiralize some zucchini for some zoodles, and the meal will be complete.
We used fresh shrimps, but if you have frozen ones you can use them instead, you can either place them in a bowl with cold water or run cold water over them for few minutes to thaw out the crystals. You can pair this recipe with scallops or squids and a seafood night has never been better!
Make sure you follow the cooking time and temperature indicated in the recipe to prevent a tough and rubbery texture resulting from overcooking. Alternatively, you can prepare this recipe with chicken, and it will also be as good.
Tomatoes are a significant ingredient providing a classic flavor, along with the basil and garlic they are a perfect contrast to the cream, and it all just goes perfectly well together. It’s such an easy to make dinner that makes it seem like you tried hard, it’s filling, keto-approved, low in carbs and perfect for weeknights and special occasions. Ready to see how easy this recipe is?
Prepare the ingredients of the recipe.
Melt the butter over medium heat then add garlic in. Once the garlic is golden and smells good, add shrimp in. Saute until it’s cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove cooked shrimp and set aside.
In a different pan (or the same pan), add heavy cream and cream cheese in. Bring to boil to melt the cream cheese.
Add dried tomatoes and cheddar cheese in. Once the cheese is melted, return the cooked shrimp. Stir around for 2-3 minutes.
You might add some water in to achieve the desired consistency. Add the basil leaves in and turn the heat off.
Serve with cooked zucchini pasta.
Keto Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
- 4 cups zucchini shredded into noodles
- In a medium saucepan or skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic in then add shrimp. Saute until the shrimp is cooked. Season with pepper and salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan or a different pan, pour heavy cream in slowly. Add the cream cheese in to melt it. Cook the sauce over medium heat and bring to boil. You can add some water in for desired consistency.
- Next, add dried tomatoes and cheddar cheese in. Once it's melted, add cooked shrimp back to this mixture. Stir for a few minutes. Top with basil leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve with cooked zucchini pasta. You can cook zucchini noodles by steaming or sauteing it or add the zoodles in the pan directly after you add cooked shrimp back in. Do not overcook zucchini. Enjoy!