This is an easy recipe for preparing stuffed avocados with chicken salad. Avocados are stuffed with a delicious salad of chicken, onion, tomato, celery and mayonnaise. The stuffed avocados are very delicious and can be filled in many ways. Stuffing an avocado is a good way to turn something that would otherwise be a simple salad and give it a special twist.
You can serve this on a bed of lettuce, drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper to taste. This recipe can be prepared by replacing the chicken with shrimp, salmon or tuna in oil.
You can add 1-2 tablespoon of sour cream in this chicken salad to enhance the taste.
There’s mayonnaise used in this recipe. You can either make it from home to keep it keto-friendly or use a store-bought product such as Primal Kitchen’s Avocado Oil Mayo. It’s the #1 mayo brand for keto dieters.
Prepare the ingredients.
Slice the avocados in half and discard the seed. Scoop out about 1/4 of the avocado flesh from each half to make the pit holes bigger to fill the salad. The scooped avocado will be used for the chicken salad later.
You can bake or boil chicken breast to cook it. Slice the cooked chicken breast (or chicken thighs) into thin strips.
Peel off the onion skin and dice it finely. Chop the celery and tomato as well.
Combine the diced vegetables in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken strips, scooped avocado and mayonnaise in. Mix well.
Transfer spoonfuls of the mixture into the avocado bowls to fill the pit. Drizzle freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil (optional) on top and add salt and pepper just to taste. Serve on top of a bed of lettuce.
Keto Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Halve avocado and remove the seed. Use a spoon and take 1/4 of the avocado flesh out of each. Set the scooped avocado flesh aside for the chicken salad. This will also make the hole bigger so you can fill the chicken salad into the pit hole.
- Cook chicken breast by boiling or baking it (you can use chicken thigh) and cut it into small strips
- Peel and finely slice the onions, tomato and celery.
- To make the chicken salad: Add the chicken, mayonnaise, tomato, onion, celery and mashed avocado to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop this salad mix into the avocado halves to fill the pit holes.
- Squeeze in fresh lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on top if you want to. Serve on a bed of lettuce.