If you haven’t used squash in your keto meals yet, then what are you waiting for? One of the carbohydrates that we miss the most when we are on this keto diet is undoubtedly the pasta, no wonder it is the ultimate comfort food for so many people. Since having pasta is out of question, get ready to be introduced to an epic recipe that will cover all your low carb pasta needs.
This pasta that you never have to feel guilty about, is loaded with antioxidants, magnesium, potassium and manganese, as well as omega 3 and omega 6.
Incorporating vegetables in our keto diets is a crucial thing to maintain a healthy life, as a rule of thumb, the sweeter the vegetable is, the higher it’s sugar levels are. In this case, we chose to add spinach to bulk up the meal from one side and to benefit from its powerful nutrients, from the other.
One of the things that we absolutely love about using squash in our recipes, is that it takes almost no time to prepare. Cut in half, scoop out the seeds and voila! Today, we are transforming it into spaghetti, but don’t worry, no special tools are required here, just a fork and some time to get those nice spaghetti strands.
It is not only a dish that looks tasty, but with a very low-calorie content as well. With just 5.5 net carbs in spaghetti squash per cup and the tens of modifications it allows, you can now recreate your most desired italian dish. We choose to stuff it with spinach, cheese, sour cream and bacon. You can always add ground cattle or pork meat, or some other Keto friendly vegetables.
If this is the first time you’re doing this recipe, let me tell you that it’ll never be your last.
Prepare the ingredients and preheat the oven at 200°C.
Wash the squash, cut in halves longitudinally and remove the seeds.
Toast the bacon and onion on a low to medium heat.
Add spinach to the pan.
Next, add milk cream, garlic and herbs. Mix to achieve a homogeneous mix.
Pour over spaghetti squash and mix well with the strands. Cover with cheddar cheese for 45 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan, serve hot.
Keto Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Spinach and Cheese
- Preheat the oven at 200°C or 390F.
- Wash thoroughly the spaghetti squash and cut in halves longitudinally. Remove carefully all the seeds on the top. Then, with the help of a big fork, brush the entire surface of the spaghetti squash, this will help remove the seeds and separate the spaghetti strands.
- In a non-stick pan over a low medium heat place the bacon and the onion and allow them to golden until both are toasted. Add the spinach, milk cream, crushed garlic and fine herbs. Mix everything thoroughly until obtaining a homogeneous mix.
- Spread this mixture over each half of the spaghetti squash and combine very well with the spaghetti strands. Cover with cheddar cheese and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, you can sprinkle a little bit of parmesan cheese, serve when hot.