This is a delicious zucchini breakfast bites recipe. While it may seem to require more ingredients than a basic bacon and egg breakfast, this recipe is to ensure you will have tasty, nutritious, colorful and flavorful muffins.
You can make these muffins in advance, and keep them in the fridge for the next day. For example, you can prepare these on Sunday and eat them throughout the week. They can also be great for lunch too.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
The main ingredients are eggs, bacon, zucchini, shredded cheese, heavy cream, and coconut milk. To enhance the taste, we use a little bit of sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard.
You can either use almond milk or coconut milk for this recipe. For mayonnaise, make sure you buy the one with no added sugar, or simply make your own mayonnaise.
Finally, to add more flavor and vitamins, we mixed in salt and pepper along with some chopped dill, jalapeno and red pepper into the dish.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Start by shredding the zucchini and adding some salt. Set them aside and move on to the jalapeno, dill and red pepper; cut them into small pieces.
Fry the bacon for 5 minutes until crispy, or use the microwave instead. Then cut them into small pieces.
Squeeze the zucchini to release the extra liquid from inside, then add the cheese and bacon to them.
Mix the eggs with sour cream, mustard, heavy cream, and mayo and coconut milk and flavor with salt and pepper.
Fill ⅔ of each muffin cup with both mixtures and stir well.
Bake at 370°F for 20-25 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Keto Zucchini Breakfast Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 370°F
- Grate zucchini and mix with some salt, leave it in a bowl to let it release the moisture. Drain the excessive liquid.
- In the meantime, chop the dill, jalapeno and red pepper. Chop fried bacon into small crispy bits. This will be your dry mixture.
- In a bowl, mix shredded cheese, bacon bits and chopped veggies.
- In another bowl, crack egg then mix it with heavy cream, coconut milk, sour cream, mayo, mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease your muffin pan with butter then distribute the dry mixture evenly into each muffin mould. Pour the egg-cream mixture into each mould evenly and use a spoon to stir it well.
- Bake for 20 minutes until they become golden and firm. Remove, unmold and enjoy!