Who doesn’t love a heavenly creamy cheesecake? We all do, but if you’re on a keto diet, restricting sugar especially in desserts, is quite challenging. We want to keep the traditional taste of a cheesecake, but transform it into a low carb, keto one. Don’t worry, no one will guess it’s sugar free!
Today, we present you our simple tweaks for a dreamy creamy lemon cheesecake. Prepare it ahead of time for a weekend treat or even a dinner party.
Looking for more keto recipes and diet tips?
Fresh and Tasty Keto Bread
Join our newsletter today and we'll email you 10 easy and delicious keto bread recipes plus weekly keto recipes and diet hacks to help you achieve your goal faster!
We will be using 2 spring forms, 4-inch each, to make an almond flour crust cheesecake and a crustless one. Alternatively, you can you a single 10-inch pan instead.
Note that, using a pan bigger than what you usually use for cake baking, will prevent it from side burning. You can use the roast pan method: cover the cake’s bottom with foil and place it inside a bigger pan filled with boiling water till the middle of the cake.
The filling for both cakes will be the same, we’re using cream cheese, egg, sour cream, and xanthan gum. Make sure to take the cream cheese out of the fridge 1 hour before starting your cake preparation, to soften.
To enhance the flavor, we’ll be using vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sweetener.
For the top of cake decoration, we prepared a whipped heavy cream with lemon juice.
Start by mixing thoroughly all of the almond flour, vanilla, xanthan gum, sweetener, with the melted butter.
Cover using a parchment paper for 10-15 min in a preheated 300F oven. Now the almond crust for the cheesecake is ready!
Moving on to the filling, use a mixer to blend the soft cream cheese, sweetener, lemon juice, sour cream and vanilla. Add the eggs slowly, each one at a time, and blend well. Then add the lemon zest and xanthan gum.
Note: You can make 1 big cheesecake with this recipe, or you can make 2 smaller cakes, 1 with crust and one without crust. It’s up to your preference. If you want to make 2 cakes, pour ⅓ of the filling on the almond crust cheesecake and ⅔ of it one the crustless one.
Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated 300F oven until edges are set. If the middle was a bit jiggly, don’t worry, this is how it’s supposed to come out.
Decorate and serve!
Keto Lemon Cheesecake
- Melt the butter, add the almond flour, vanilla, xanthan gum and sweetener, mix well.
- Use parchment paper to cover the pan (form) and distribute the crust mix. Use a fork to poke it.
- Bake for 10-15 min in a preheated 300F oven then remove and set aside.
- Use a mixer to combine the soft cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add eggs one at a time for a better result. Add lemon zest and xanthan gum, mix well.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 300F oven for approximately 40 minutes till edges are set, the middle might be a bit jiggly.
- Take it out and let it cool. It’s better to keep it in the fridge overnight to let it fully set.
- Decorate and serve