Coconut and vanilla is a perfect combination if you want to make somebody fall in love with you. These two are the main ingredients for making the recipe we want to show you today.
Keto Vanilla Cake is an easy dessert made in less than 40 minutes. Vanilla gives it that rich flavor that fits good with its sponge texture.
Coconut flour is a good source of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber that has a significant role in the reduction of LDL and serum triglycerides. (*) Coconut provides some minerals and vitamins which make it very nutritious and needed in every diet.
Eggs contain proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals that play an important role in the human body. It has one important component named lecithin which is the required nutrient for normal brain function.
Egg whites are complete protein sources which means they contain all essential amino acids. The human body is not able to produce those acids so you need to feed it with the nutrients it needs the most.
Our bodies are smarter than we think, but we have to provide them with the most quality food. If you want to get more proteins, you can always add some egg whites in whatever food you make.
We chose shredded coconut flakes blended for a minute as a topping for Keto Vanilla Cake. Melted dark chocolate would be also a good solution because that sweet taste of the cake is the perfect combination with bitter chocolate flavour.
This dessert is perfect for sharing with your friends. With a cup of coffee, you can sit for hours, talk and enjoy the life you live.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, gluten-free baking powder, and powdered erythritol.
Divide the eggs. Leave egg whites in a separate bowl. In another bowl, mix 4 egg yolks.
Add melted butter and use an electric mixer to mix.
Add vanilla extract and heavy cream to the mixture and whisk. Add in the dried flour mixture you made in the beginning in and mix well.
Beat 6 egg whites for 1 minute or until the bubbles start to form. Then add lemon juice and beat again.
Beat until egg whites make the fluffy texture. They should increase the volume like in the picture.
Combine beaten egg whites with egg yolks mixture. Mix until uniform. Transfer the cake mixture into the small cake mold grassed with butter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven until golden. Use a toothpick to check if the cake is baked or not. Let it chill before cutting.
Top with blended coconut flakes and enjoy!
More Keto Cake Recipes Using Coconut You Can Try:
Keto Vanilla Cake
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder gluten-free
- ¼ cup butter melted and 1 tsp more for greasing
- 2 tbsp erythritol powdered
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, baking powder, and powdered erythritol.
- Divide the eggs into two separate bowls. Beat egg yolks with an electric mixer with melted butter, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Add coconut flour mixture in and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until bubbles start to form then add lemon juice and beat again until it forms soft peaks. You know they are ready when their volume is increased and the texture becomes foamy.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks-flour mixture. Beat one more time until homogeneous.
- Grease a small cake pan with butter then pour the cake batter into it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it chill for a while before cutting.