Pound cake is a traditional English cake. It’s delicious, tender, and fluffy with an amazing taste. Unfortunately, with a flour and sugar base, it’s anything but low-carb!
Our low-carb pound cake is made with coconut flour so that you can eat it on a low-carb diet. It’s great for breakfast or a snack. With a touch of lemon glaze, it’s really delicious and lasts a few days fresh without any problem. You can make this cake ahead of time and serve it at a party a few days later.
This cake contains around 6.3 grams of net carbs per serving, which is much lower than you’ll get with traditional pound cake! The combination of coconut flour and almond flour come together nicely for a light yet tasty base to any cake,
In place of traditional sugar, this recipe calls for your favorite keto-approved sweetener. You can use monk fruit, stevia or erythritol. You can even use a combination of several sweeteners if you’d like.
The frosting is made with cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon zest and more of your favorite sweetener. It’s light and provides a refreshing finishing touch to the rest of the cake.
This pound cake is a great way to jazz up snack time. It contains all keto-friendly ingredients, including cream cheese, eggs, coconut flour and almond flour. These provide a good source of fat and protein with a small amount of carbs.
We also like that you’re getting a good amount of fiber from the flours. Most people don’t get enough fiber on a keto diet, but it’s important to keep your digestive system working properly.
Proper digestion doesn’t just make you feel better. It also helps you break down and absorb nutrients.
Greek yogurt is lower in sugar than traditional sugar. It also contains lower amounts of lactose, which makes it a good option if you’re sensitive to dairy. Still, you’ll want to look for a brand that contains no added sugar to ensure you’re keeping your carbs down.
Prepare the needed ingredients.
Start with the base. Mix the shredded coconut, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, lemon zest and sweetener together in a bowl. Set aside.
Then, mix the butter and eggs together in a separate large bowl. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients little by little. You can use a blender for this step.
Coat a bread pan with butter so that the batter doesn’t stick. Pour batter into the pan and cook in the oven at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Next, make the frosting by combining the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon zest, and sweetener together in a blender until smooth. Allow the bread to cool completely before topping with the lemon cream cheese frosting.
Keto Low Carb Lemon Coconut Cake
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsps xylitol or erythritol
- 3 eggs large
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt full fat
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsps xylitol or erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300F and place butter in a rectangular baking pan. In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the solid ingredients with a spoon: almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, lemon zest, and sweetener.
- With the blender, mix the butter and the eggs and add the mixture of flour little by little until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Put in the mold and bake for about 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients in the mixer and cover the cake with the topping when the cake is cold. You can sprinkle extra lemon zest and unsweetened shredded coconut on top to decorate.