One of the low carb cheesecakes that we always want to make is the brownie cheesecake. If you are a cheesecake lover, you will not want to miss this sugar free keto version.
To make the brownie bottom crust, we use butter, unsweetened chocolate, almond flour, cocoa powder, egg, and walnuts. You can use pecans or macadamia nuts for this too. To add more flavor and taste, we add sweetener, a pinch of salt and a few drops of vanilla extract.
The brownie mix is very gooey and fudgy. When baking the crust, you need to butter the springform cake pan so the cake can be removed easily later.
For the filling, we use cream cheese, egg, and sour cream. We add sweetener and vanilla to enhance the flavor. This will make it rich and decadent.
The top layer of the cake is optional. We use cocoa powder mix with coconut oil to make a chocolatey mixture and drizzle it on the top then finish off by adding some crushed peanuts. You can use sliced almonds or other low-carb nuts.
Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare the ingredients of the crust.
Making the Crust: Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir the mixture with a teaspoon. Put it back in the microwave and melt for another 30 seconds. Repeat the process another time if needed until the mixture is completely melted.
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, melted chocolate-butter mixture, sweetener, cocoa powder, eggs, walnut, vanilla and salt. Use a spoon and mix until the mixture is homogeneous.
Butter the springform pan and pour the crust mixture into it. Press it down using your hand and a spoon. Try to spread it as even as you can to make a firm crust base.
Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes then remove.
Making the filling: In another bowl, combine eggs, sweetener, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla. Mix thoroughly with a hand whisk or blender until no lumps.
Transfer this filling mixture to the brownie base and bake the entire cheesecake at 300F for 30 minutes until set.
Once done, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool then refrigerate for six hours.
Making peanut topping: This decoration is optional.
To make the topping, melt coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave then mix with cocoa powder and sweetener.
Cover the cheesecake with the melted chocolate mixture and sprinkle crushed peanuts on top. Enjoy!
Keto Brownie Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 oz Dark Chocolate unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs large
- 1 oz pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs large
- ⅓ cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- Set the oven to 300°F to preheat.
- Microwave the chocolate and butter for 30 seconds. Take out and mix continuously. Replace in the microwave and wait for 30 seconds more.
- Fold all the remaining ingredients for the brownie base together in a bowl. Include the melted butter and chocolate in the mixture. Stir well to create a smooth and uniform batter.
- Prep the 9-inch springform pan with melted butter. Brush the inside. Transfer the mixture into the pan and distribute evenly. Crush and flatten the batter to make the crust base. Leave in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a separate bowl for the filling. Add all the ingredients for the filling on the bowl and whisk until blended. Use a blender or a hand whisk to form a lump-free mixture. Pour the filling onto the baked crust. Place in the oven again for 30 minutes. Wait till the cheesecake sets.
- After removing from the oven and allowing cooling at room temperature, chill in the fridge for 6 hours.
- For the topping, combine sweetener and cocoa powder with the coconut oil. Mix until homogeneous. Spread this mixture on top of the cake and garnish with crushed peanuts.
- Slice into wedges and serve.