Did you know that cooking can be a true art of colors? The wide range of color combinations in addition to the perfect plate gives an even more interesting flavor. Most of them will look really tasty at first glance, while some of them require to try a couple of times to understand the language of color combination.
Different types of fats, such as pistachios, peanuts or other nuts, certainly give a nice touch thanks to their strong taste. With the addition of spices, the dish can seem more interesting. There is a bonus in using these ingredients, your kitchen smells wonderful afterwards.
Prepare all the ingredients you need so you can enjoy preparing you meal afterward.
Put the chicken in the marinade and mix as well as you can. Take care that all parts of the chicken are covered. Put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. If you have time, you can marinate it even more. The more it stays in the marinade, the taste will get absorbed.
Make your pistachio sauce in a blender. I like it creamy with tiny pistachio pieces.
Fry the mushrooms on olive oil and add the chicken after a while. Add more olive oil, salt and stir it.
When the chicken is cooked, add your vegetables. I like them fresh so I don’t cook them. When they are fresh, they have more vitamins. When you cook them, they lose some of them (like vitamin C).
And the pistachio sauce and stir it well. And for the final touch, add oregano and serve!
Chicken Stir Fry with Pistachio Sauce
For the marinade:
For pistachio sauce:
Chicken stir fry:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato fresh
- 1/2 cup brussels sprout
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped, optional
- Cut your veggies, mushroom, and chicken into bite-sized pieces and place them in separate dishes. Set aside.
- Marinate the chicken with olive oil, garlic, salt, dried basil, curry powder, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and pepper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Place all ingredients for the pistachio sauce in a blender and mix well. You can blend in completely smooth or just a little so you can still taste small pieces of pistachio.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and add garlic. Add chopped mushrooms and leave for a few minutes to release the juice. After that, take the marinated chicken in and saute for 5 minutes until cooked and it gets a beautiful golden color.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir well. You can cook them soft or only cook for a few minutes so they’re still crunchy.
- Finally, add pistachio sauce and mix well. Remove from heat and serve.