We never tire of saying that the best thing about the keto diet is that we can continue eating chocolate. On this occasion, we are going to try some delicious chocolates of cream.
Fat bombs are a great way to instantly boost your ketone production. This is important because dietary fats are what drive your ketone levels, and ketones are responsible for helping you stay in ketosis.
Fat bombs are a great snack because they provide you with instant energy, and also taste like a treat! You’ll think you are cheating on your diet, but really you are aiding it!
The trick to creating a good fat bomb recipe is using a good source of fat that tastes good with other ingredients. For this recipe, we use coconut oil as our base in the middle of the fat bomb. It contains a large amount of fat with very little carbs.
From here, we add cream cheese and butter for creaminess, unsweetened dark chocolate and vanilla for flavor, and keto-sweetener for a sweet finish and keep it sugar-free.
Be sure to buy raw cacao powder if you can. This is a form of chocolate that is raw and has not been heated to high temperatures, which means that it contains the most antioxidant flavonoids.
If not, then you can buy solid chocolate as long as it is unsweetened.
This recipe won’t take you long to make at all and you can use the leftovers as snacks for the week. Take them with you to the office, school, or eat them as breakfast in your car on the go! Just be sure to store leftovers in the fridge because they will melt.
You can also get creative with how you serve these. Put the fat bomb mixture into molds of different shapes for a fun way to jazz up snack time while also supporting your keto levels.
To make, start with the chocolate, vanilla, butter, and cream cheese.
Cut the chocolate into pieces. If you’re using raw cacao powder, then you can skip this step.
Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl and heat in the microwave on high for five minutes.
Stir the mixture until all lumps are separated. You can add a few drops of stevia if you want to.
Spoon the mixture into chocolate molds. Gently lift and rotate the molds so that all sides are covered.
Put the chocolate molds in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set and firm.
Mix together the coconut oil, cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla extract in a bowl. If you want to be fancy, add a table spoon of unsweetened shredded coconut in.
Remove the mold from the fridge and add the cream fillings in then cover the top with the remaining chocolate mixture.
Now, refrigerate until they are set. Remove and enjoy. Store them in the fridge until you want to eat it.
Keto Buttercream Chocolate Fat Bombs
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid or liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp xylitol or erythritol
- 1 cup dark chocolate unsweetened
- Cut the chocolate into pieces, or you can use chocolate chips. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat this procedure until no lumps remain.
- With a teaspoon, put the mixture in a chocolate mold. Cover all sides. For this you can rotate and gently tilt the mold.
- After all the edges are covered with chocolate, refrigerate for 15 minutes or until it is firm.
- Meanwhile, mix coconut oil, cream cheese, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl.
- Remove the chocolate mold from the refrigerator and put the filling. Cover with more chocolate to make the lid of the bomb.
- Refrigerate for 30 more minutes, unmold and enjoy.